FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking (just looking, mind you) at the MK25. I've noticed the threaded barrel version and the Desert (FDE) version are a nice bit cheaper (a few extra magazines cheaper, the way I look at it) than the standard MK25. Any reason for this? Or any reason to choose one over the other?

Thanks for any advice.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
703 Posts
Buds just had the black standard one for like $781 shipped or something.

I'd pick that one, the desert version isn't as appealing in my opinion.

Also, the M11-A1 (229 based) is a very nice gun also. No rail though.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Bud's is where I was looking. The MK-25 is $999, the threaded barrel version-$938 and the Desert-$919.

$781 would have been awesome.

Reactions: S*****4

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I picked up a black one with tb for 875 free shipping. I think the standard has the srt trigger and the tb doesnt come with it not 100% sure. But if you want a black one(I dont like sigs fde pistols) I can check and see for you if the guy i got it from on gb has anymore.

·
Registered
543 Posts
All three models are identical in every way (including non-SRT trigger, etc.) except the TB has the threaded barrel and the FDE is Cerakoted. The pricing that you describe does seem odd. However, I think its just because the TB and FDE aren't selling as well as the standard MK25 right now. I've had both the MK25 standard and the FDE. I kept the FDE. Any model MK25 is accurate and dependable.

Edited to add: Just a heads up if you are considering a purchase. Any MK25 variant with a build date after mid-December 2013 will come with three USA-made mags and not three of the proven/dependable Italian Mec-Gar mags. The build date can be found on the box sticker.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All three models are identical in every way (including non-SRT trigger, etc.) except the TB has the threaded barrel and the FDE is Cerakoted. The pricing that you describe does seem odd. However, I think its just because the TB and FDE aren't selling as well as the standard MK25 right now. I've had both the MK25 standard and the FDE. I kept the FDE. Any model MK25 is accurate and dependable.
Thanks, that's what I was hoping. Personally, I prefer the black...but for the savings I can easily learn to love the FDE. The MK25 has been at the top of my pistol list for awhile now. I'm inching closer to scratching it off.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Edited to add: Just a heads up if you are considering a purchase. Any MK25 variant with a build date after mid-December 2013 will come with three USA-made mags and not three of the proven/dependable Italian Mec-Gar mags. The build date can be found on the box sticker.

Good to know. I have a stack of the Mec-Gars for my 220 and the are very nice/reliable mags. I found some 226 18 rounders (Mec-Gar) for $23 and some change. Looks like another reason to consider the TB or FDE. Plus any savings makes it all the more palatable to my Director of Finance.

·
Registered
543 Posts
They were identical function/part-wise, so I kept the FDE to keep the color theme going (SCAR 17). Got a set of FDE grips for it as well (ones used on the P226 Combat model).

Regarding the Mec-Gars, just to be clear. Any variant (includes the FDE and TB) with a build date after mid-December 2013 will have the USA-made mags.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts