FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Come on, man. Someone has to be first. You'll be a pioneer...just like that guy who was eaten by cannibals.

Seriously though, I'd like some feedback on it also. I've wanted a 10mm for a long, long time.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
No guts no glory. I'm thinking about that manticore integrated 9mm tavor suppressor because... REASONS :-D! The beauty of it is you can always sell it if it's not for you.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have several 10mm platforms. The SIG won't be one of them.

I echo your "recent track record" sentiment. I don't own any Sigs because of it. I found the German-made, older generations to be quite reliable.

A fun 10mm is the EAA Stock III.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sig Sauer NH, pales in comparison to their German / Swiss counter parts. To add insult to injury, they are outsourcing their internal components to increase profit margins.
On the bright side I hear India is using recycled steel from WWII British tanks. Top notch stuff.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
On the bright side I hear India is using recycled steel from WWII British tanks. Top notch stuff.
One can only hope, but Ron Cohen's business practices speak for themselves. The last NIB Sig Sauer 556 I bought came with a cheap Chinese x4 optic instead of the standard diopter sights. I'll be damned if I'm going to shell out a 1K + dollars for a firearm chock-full of third world turd MIM parts.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Come on, man. Someone has to be first. You'll be a pioneer...just like that guy who was eaten by cannibals.

Seriously though, I'd like some feedback on it also. I've wanted a 10mm for a long, long time.
You can always tell a pioneer... by the arrows in their back. :?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have several 10mm platforms. The SIG won't be one of them.

I echo your "recent track record" sentiment. I don't own any Sigs because of it. I found the German-made, older generations to be quite reliable.

A fun 10mm is the EAA Stock III.

Too bad for you!

I fully plan on buying one of these as soon as one crosses my way and I will enjoy the snot out of it!!!

You guys with your boogie man stories crack me up.

So scared.

Surprised anybody drove their dangerous car to work today!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had no idea Sig is equated to 3rd world turds.... I thought they were top notch.. I have been wanting one of these 10mm's since I heard about them... guess I will have to do some home work...
I don't know that sig weighs 44 ounces empty and only holds eight rds. I've owned a few 10mm's in my time and I'm down to a glock 29 for a ccw weapon now because of the weight issue.. I had a few 1911's and they were just too finicky for my taste to trust. I have heard a few good things about how accurate the sig is though. If they would make the sig 210 in 10mm and made in Switzerland then yeah I'd have to have one. That goofy rail on it just makes the overall weight heavier. It needs to be more sleek and svelte in my book.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Maybe the outsourced MIM magazine release was not to in spec.... It's sad to see my favorite DA/SA auto manufacturer faultier.

I won't be selling my P226, P220, P239, or 556R, and will pick up a few more German specimens for good measure. The P-series have exceptional out of the box accuracy, and the ones I purchased decades ago came with the factory testing targets to prove it.

Additionally, when sourcing spare part, be sure to inquire about country of manufacture (India, Israeli, etc...).

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you want a real 10mm, buy an EAA Match($600-800), Stock II, or Stock III ($1200)

Or, if you prefer plastic, get a G20 (G40 6in MOS coming out...soon)

If you like wheel guns; S&W 610.

If you like 1911's, STI Perfect 10 for a doublestack, or go for their single stack if you're a purist.

I've always found Sig to be a waste of time. I've shot many of their guns firsthand, and the P210 from the Motherland and the Sport from the Motherland were fun.

The US versions of their .380, .22, and 9mm were POS.

I have no affinity to any brand.

Perhaps CZ, but I might not admit it.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I still may try it... Will also get an eaa hunter at some point... May try da new glock... I like da Rock Island for da cheap... Alot of pistol. I have had zero issues with my Kimber 1911... Don't have a problem with carrying extra mags... As far as wheel guns; I luv em... Just prefer 45's or 44's... & have no problem with 357's... Just don't have one right now. I have heard so much good about da Sigs to just not try one... The bad & ugly is news to me...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I still may try it... Will also get an eaa hunter at some point... May try da new glock... I like da Rock Island for da cheap... Alot of pistol. I have had zero issues with my Kimber 1911... Don't have a problem with carrying extra mags... As far as wheel guns; I luv em... Just prefer 45's or 44's... & have no problem with 357's... Just don't have one right now. I have heard so much good about da Sigs to just not try one... The bad & ugly is news to me...
A lot to choose from these days for sure. Now about the eaa hunter a buddy of mine has one and it is a really nice handgun and shoots quite accurately to say the least. It holds a lot of bullets and is made of steel, but the downside is the weight. Although for a hunting handgun and running ammo like buffaloebore or underwood you will want a little more weight in a gun to keep recoil down somewhat. I wouldn't mind having one myself, good luck on your hunt for your perfect 10mm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts