FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have always wanted a SBR but paperwork and wait time seem a pain. I have seen pics and video of the Sig AR pistol with the arm brace on and was wondering if it would work as an SBR. Anyone ever try it ? looking for feedback.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Not to step on your thread, but I saw people trying it at the shot show and thought it was a joke.

After trying it on I realized that it will tie up a necessary limb.

Not for me.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I purchased one but only for the reason of submitting a form 1 to sbr it. I find the arm brace to be pretty useless. Get a 7-8 pound barbell and hold it out at arms length and see how long you can keep it there. The red dot sight is difficult to get on axis with your eye because you have to keep your wrist straight, pull your shoulder in, and tilt your head. To the best of my knowledge it is not a violation of federal law to place the arm brace against one's shoulder and fire it from that position, but I would suggest researching that further if that was your intent. It would be very similar to firing an M4 with the stock fully collapsed. Not ideal but doable. You could mount a laser on it and fire from the hip if you are just looking for some fun.

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
I would think that would be a pretty cramped and uncomfortable LOP, even with my stubby dwarf arms. GB and Heavy covered my two biggest reasons for passing (I have a 556 SWAT pistol). I don't like the idea of being "strapped in" also the sustained weight with your arm extended.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Spend the 200 bucks and if you file for an SBR under a trust electronically it's not as bad a wait currently and as a legal SBR you will have the best of what the platform has to offer

Reactions: bmi80d
1 - 6 of 6 Posts