FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sig SP2022 Opinions (Updated with pics)

My wife just ordered her first handgun. Or at least her first that is her gun for her office. She went with the SP2022. It was a good price, and with the 2 mags free rebate she pulled the trigger (or clicked the mouse, actually). I suppose I should have asked before her ordering, but does anyone have one? What's the bad and the good? Thanks as always for any input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Went to the range a few weeks ago after my cousin took hold of his 2022. I was fully expecting not to like it...but I kinda did. It shot really well.

The 2022 is his 1st handgun and I noticed that the first couple of mags he ran through her, he was having a lot of FTE's. But I deduced that it was due to his limp wristing problem. After that was fixed, we put another 200 or so rounds down range with zero issues.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the way SIG's feel in my hand with their high bore axis. But even with that caveat, I have surprisingly always shot them well. The 2022 was no different.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Outdoor Forums mobile app

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, from what I've read and the replies here, she picked well. It's very cool seeing her excited about a gun.

Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
6,616 Posts

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: Kennydale

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Congrats to the wife! Hope she is as excited as you get when you buy a new piece

I have been staring that down since yesterday cause of the price. But I really dont need it or have room for it. But the price........sometimes I feel like I will break out in hives if I dont buy something lol.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that price made the whole thing pretty easy. She has wanted her own gun for a while now, but is considerably more frugal (thank God) than I am.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Yeah, that price made the whole thing pretty easy. She has wanted her own gun for a while now, but is considerably more frugal (thank God) than I am.
Yeah, it's like with my wife. She buys a book, I buy a gun. Everybody's happy. It's the Yin Yang of the Universe.:th_angel-smiley-006

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, it's like with my wife. She buys a book, I buy a gun. Everybody's happy. It's the Yin Yang of the Universe.:th_angel-smiley-006
That's funny. That is my wife's weakness...books. I used to think I read a lot until I met her...she run laps around me. But yeah, her hobby is much cheaper than mine. She's been know to mention that on occasion.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Ha----- it is a great gun. My first sig. It is a very nice entry gun. Good choice! Great price. I have considered picking one up since I sold her. I think u will be surprised by it.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Her Sig arrived! I have to say, for a $400 gun it's pretty nice. It came with two mags and a holster. The holster is okay, but it was free and unexpected, so I'm not complaining. It's a little strange not seeing the usual Sig take down lever. It strips a lot like the HK USP. It has a very easy to access slide release. I went over to the slingshot method a ways back because of so many dinky releases, but it's very nice all the same. I'm very tempted to get one of my own, maybe in .40.

I also ordered up some Mec-Gar 17 round mags for it, they should be here next week.

Here's the clickety-click:

And his and hers Sigs.

I'll relish this moment, as it will most likely be the last time we get two Sigs in less than two weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:wink:DID YOU CLEAN AND OIL UP YOUR WIFE'S NEW SIG REAL GOOD.
Tomorrow.

I spent the whole afternoon assembling a @%$ing recumbent exercise bike. Easy assembly my arse! I invented several new profane phrases.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts