FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are other people having trouble logging on/ staying loged on? I have never been loged on automaticly even though i click the little box, hav to try to get in eight or ten times to get in ,then getdroped when changing postings. Help Tug :x

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I am fine - it must be your browser. Clear the cache and cookies and history - then reboot your computer and try it again.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
staying on

Ship, Thanks, tried several times----Ihave aol? Tug

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sight access

Ship, Thanks, I tried your solution several times--no joy--Perhaps because I use AOL , something is different Tug

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Same thing happens to me too and I use Comcast high speed with IE 7.

edit: Also when I click on "log in/out" It doesn't log me in. I have to reply to another thread or go to a "private" part of the forum to actually log on.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sight access

O.K. that meens it is not Aol, what aer we doing :roll: different? Tug

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
access

Therm, I still require ten or more attempts to log in. Once in I can go to a thred but must begin again to go to another. :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Every once in a blue moon this happens.

Have U tried to clear your cache, all cookies and history, and restarting your computer?

Also, hate to say it, but maybe another browser? I have no issued with Firefox and Opera. I never use IE anymore.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
access

Ship, I feel like an ideot. Have tried your sugestions, no joy. Seems to be ok on other sights like "the other sight",conceeled carry mad oger etc.. :shock: :?:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Its gotta be an AOL issue. I am sorry to hear that U are having this problem. But I never experience this issue on this site or any other sites.

Clear out all the passwords saved and your cookies and cache in your browser.

All I can suggest....

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Dunno what to say. I have no issues accessing the site from anywhere. This software is being used by thousands of forums without any issues. I do not subscribe to AOL - so I cannot QA the problem.

Untill we migrate to better software base, I surmise that you will continue to have issues with the login.

Sorry,

-TH

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I just posted a question on handgun forum - with a similar issue. For the past month, photobucket makes me sign in every time I go there. They used to keep the password saved for 2 weeks before it made U sign in the next time.

So, I have a similar issue, but just on that 1 site. I know how aggravating it is. But, there isn't always a fix.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I get the same problems here. I have to login again after a certain amount of time. It's pretty weird because before when I was lurking as a non-member, I could read the forums since they were (public), but after awhile I could not read the forum anymore that's why I decided to register. Something very strange is going on...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, on Sunday, we changed the forum to where U must register in order to read. I made that change this past Sunday. There is actually an announcement about it.

As for the log in issue - I still don't know what is going on. I use several computers to read this site, and I don't have this problem typically.

Every once in a while, I have to relog in when I come to the site, but it's like my PC looses all the cookies or something. Whenever that happens, it happens to all the sites I visit - not just this one. And, that's maybe 1x a month.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts