FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forum just bought a ps90&FN hersteal pistol. my question is i wanna remove my facotry sights and add an after market. could someone tell me where to locate the parts i need other then optics. thanks

·
Administrator
11,396 Posts
new to the forum just bought a ps90&FN hersteal pistol. my question is i wanna remove my facotry sights and add an after market. could someone tell me where to locate the parts i need other then optics. thanks
What model rifle and what pistol. Need more information. The PS90 is a series of sub models.......Standard, Tri Rail, etc.... although the Tri Rail is no longer manufactured, does not mean that it is not the one that you bought but considering you are looking to remove the factory sight, we can assume it is not a Tri Rail.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hk sd9 tactical ill have to check but i do know the ps90 has the factory black ring optic and i do know the herstal pistol is the newer model one. sorry im not %100 sure about the firearms im new to the p90&5.7x28 pistols.

·
Administrator
11,396 Posts
Hk sd9 tactical ill have to check but i do know the ps90 has the factory black ring optic and i do know the herstal pistol is the newer model one. sorry im not %100 sure about the firearms im new to the p90&5.7x28 pistols.
OK, you mentioned the black ring sight. That means that it sits on a well on top of the receiver. If you want to put a red dot or something like that on it, you will need a rail in place of the black right sight. There are several options available. However, before you look at that, you might want to consider a REM T3 sight attachment. It is what I use on both my PS90 and PS90SBR. They are available through one of our sponsors. M1Bullpup.Com Check the stickies on the top of the forum.

I went through the process of removing the sight and getting a rail to mount a aftermarket optic on the firearm. What I found is that even with a low profile rail, you will loose a good bit if not all of the cheek weld. TROSusa has some options for a low profile rail mount. You can check the web site and check the PS90 accessories page.

Just a word of advice, read up a lot on this. There are hundreds of threads on this forum about the PS90s and sights. This can start to be a very expensive endeavor if you do something and discover is was a mistake to do it.

My PS90 or PS90SBR are not my go to weapons at this time so I am satisfied with both the White Ghost Sight on my PS90 and the USSS Sight on my SBR with the REM T3 and REM T3B on them. I moved my Eotech and Railway CWR sights to heavier platforms as I had no cheek weld with either of these sights on the platforms with the rails that I bought for them back in 07. I have a couple of rails just sitting around because I have no use for them anymore. Money down the drain so to speak.....

As far as the FiveseveN, that is a whole new can of worms.....It is the ONLY 5.7x28mm pistol manufactured by FN. Just need to know the model....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts