FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my USG model and was wondering what distance it was sighted in at.....and do I need to buy the sight adjusting tool???? I can't seem to locate any information and my dealer was useless.....

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
USG is sighted to 50 yards.
As for the sight tool, you can find it for $30. There is an aftermarket maker that makes the EXACT same tool as FN but for $30 instead of $50.
Its a good idea to buy the sight tool jsu so you have it incase.

·
Registered
980 Posts
you don't really need a tool. just loosen the hex screw and then turn the notched part with whatever you find convenient. Then tighten and test-fire.

50 yards would be a good zero. (the FN ballistic graphs indicate a zero @ 50 meters)
If you instal an optic that sits higher I would recommend a more distant zero. 60-90 yards is best for most after-market optics.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
user426 said:
Just curious...where did you find that information.....(50 Yards)
It's kind of common knowledge. All the stock sights are sighted at 50 yards. It's actually the best all around distance too. I replaced my stock sight with an Eotech, and I sighted it in at 50 yards. So, at 25 yards, it will be about 2-3 inches low.

·
Registered
125 Posts
All you need is an allen wrench and then you can move the sight screw with your fingernail very easily. The sight movements are very coarse and it is easy to get completely off the paper, so I started at 25 yards to basically bore sight the weapon and then moved to 50 yards. The height between bore and sight becomes an issue at close range, you'll have to experiment to figure out bouncing a can at 20 feet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts