FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered an EOtech 512.A65 and wanted to hear some recommendations for flip-up sights that will co-witness. i practically read every post and really only found Yankee Hill mentioned.

what are some others that you are using and why?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yankee hill is a decent sight for the money. If you want a step up from that, Troy and GG&G make some excellent ones. I'm rounding up funds and getting the Troy. They look sweet too( they'll compliment a $2000 rifle nicely!)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The Troy's are nice but you can't adjust the front site with a Std. AR-15 Front site tool.
The neat new GG&G push-button flip-up sites WILL NOT WORK on an FS2000! the rear site needs to overhang on the rear and won't lock down. Yes I spent $320 + tax only to find out they wouldn't work! I called GG&G about it and they said that they advertise them as AR-15 Sites (didn't say it on the package) and there was nothing they could do to help me. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed in their product and service...................................DJ

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good looking out on the GG&G sights. They looked like a viable option... but, not anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the GG&G. I was super close to getting them myself considering they are an excellent design. Sorry you went through all that trouble. on the Urban-ert sling websight they display a fs2000 with the troy sights, they do fit the rifle well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought an Aimpoint and an Aimpoint low mount, and it will co-witness with the stock sights on the rifle.

ETA: That obviously doesn't help you, since you bought the EOT 512, but for others considering optics options, the Aimpoint may be the way to go on a budget.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought an Aimpoint and an Aimpoint low mount, and it will co-witness with the stock sights on the rifle.

ETA: That obviously doesn't help you, since you bought the EOT 512, but for others considering optics options, the Aimpoint may be the way to go on a budget.
No but it helps me, I have an Eotech but I was considering an Aimpoint.

Now, if I can find out if the new Aimpoint Micro will co-witness.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like and did consider the aimpoint as well. i found that i can find my target quicker with the EO.

i'm asking my wife for a sig 556 for christmas ...

multiple rifles = multiple sights

(damn this could get out of hand... i didn't really "accessorize" when i just shot pistols, but man there's just so much good stuff out there.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
DPMS Mangonels?

I've heard good and bad reports about the DPMS Mangonel BUIS for co-witnessing with EOTech sights. Anyone have an opinion? And if you DO like them, where's the best place to get them for less than $200 a set?

·
Registered
56 Posts
djpaintles: Which rear GG&G sight did you try? The A2 or the MAD? Or both?

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?cat=40&parents=38

The MAD looks like it might work, even with the plastic that is the same height behind the rail. Check the side view in this photo.

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=64&parents=38,40

I spoke with Matt at Urban-E.R.T. tonight and he said that his Troy rear sight does not lock down, (because it is not designed to, for one) and it hits the top of the plastic behind the rail. Since the plastic is the same height as the rail, it doesn't lay flat. Matt said that he is happy with it.

djpaintles said:
The Troy's are nice but you can't adjust the front site with a Std. AR-15 Front site tool.
The neat new GG&G push-button flip-up sites WILL NOT WORK on an FS2000! the rear site needs to overhang on the rear and won't lock down. Yes I spent $320 + tax only to find out they wouldn't work! I called GG&G about it and they said that they advertise them as AR-15 Sites (didn't say it on the package) and there was nothing they could do to help me. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed in their product and service...................................DJ

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK, DJ pm'd me and let me know that it was the A2 sight that he tried and didn't work.

I am going to try the GG&G MAD sight. I'll have to call them and ask about the customer service and warranty and support. I don't want to deal with what DJ encountered either.

There is another supplier that is making similar sights, since GG&G never patented their design.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=173

The above might work on the FS2000, since it doesn't seem to need to overhang.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=171

This above is similar to GG&G. It is aluminum too.

Yankee Hill Machine, Troy Industries, LaRue Tactical, GG&G, Midwest Industries....whatever works. I just need the sights to co-witness right on the red dot with an EOTech 552 and function (fold down) correctly.

I won't have it for a few weeks, but I will report back on how it works out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MAD

I use the GG&G MAD as my BUIS and have had zero problems. It co-witnesses well with my 552. Here are a few pics, my apologies if they aren't up to par. Hope these help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
j.wilson: Thanks for the pictures....you know what they say about pictures....yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Any problem getting in there to flip them up with gloves? (It being Winter here and all that.) It's not a deal breaker for me, but I was just wondering. Can't do much about the molded design from FN. BIG improvement though over the FN BUIS, IMHO.

Have you considered removing the FN sight for better access and less weight? :)

So, do you like the MAD sights? I've never tried them.

Also, do you think you have room for an Aimpoint 3x? Not that the platform really calls for it.

Thanks again for the pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No problem, glad the pics helped.

Access to the BUIS is quick and easy, even with gloves. This coming from a guy with pretty big hands, so there shouldn't be any problem. Granted, I'm in the deep south, so our idea of "gloves" may not be the same. :wink:

The MAD gives a great sight picture and the tritium inserts work very well with a tritium front sight post.

As for the Aimpoint 3X, I've seen guys around the forum with them installed, and they had plenty of real estate on the rail - so you shouldn't have a problem. I just can't tell you for sure, since I don't run those optics.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Any way to get the rail off? I have an ARMS 40 Id like to use but it slides on. The sling mount is in the way in the front.

ETA: Nevermind. I got it on. just had to loosen the upper a little.

So, my ARMS40 and YHM flip front do co-witness with my EoTech 512.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts