FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying the Saker 7.62 through Silencer Shop. Has anyone used this store and have an opinion about it. Also, do they charge tax on items if I don't live in Texas?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Great shop and CS is top notch - all my business (even silencer purchases) has been online and over the phone....and they know their stuff!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Got my Liberty Essence through them. Completed paperwork with them on Tirant45 and M4-2000. They are awesome! Very personal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just do it and don't look back. I was worried too but when I did it, it was a breeze. Also I live outside of Texas and no they don't charge tax.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
+1 for silincer shop. First class customer service.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
They sure are good for taking my money! Got me for 3 silencers. LoL! Just waiting for them to transfer to my dealer. I never heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
The only thing that stops me rom buying from online sources is if the dealer transfer fee plus price of can from online is real close to being the same price of can already at the store. For instance I can find one can I like online for $150 but my local class 3 dealer charges $75 to do the transfer because I did not buy it from him. He sells the same can for $200........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only issue now is that I'm reading the Saker is a no go with the Scar 17. I don't really understand why

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats funny silencer shop told me it will work with the trifecta muzzle brke on the scar 17.
I'll have to call tomorrow. I was reading some other threads about the saker not being a great choice because of "the lack of shoulder." Too be honest, I'm not sure what even means

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
The only issue now is that I'm reading the Saker is a no go with the Scar 17. I don't really understand why
There are several mounts that will work with the saker that are being used on the scar 17. Including the trifecta. The reason you are hearing about the Saker not working on the 17 is its lack of shoulder. Meaning there is only a small sholder between the outer BBL surface and the threads which facilitates the use of a jam nut. You cant use a jam nut with a suppressor becasue it could cause concentricity issues. So dont use a JN. You can find several examples of AAC mounts being used here at FNF and there is another guy that has the trifecta mounted. It will work.

Reactions: Dirt Nap

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you live in the great state of Texas you will have to pay sales tax but if you pay them the $200 for the tax stamp they can ship the silencer to your front door when your form 4 is approved.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
If you live in the great state of Texas you will have to pay sales tax but if you pay them the $200 for the tax stamp they can ship the silencer to your front door when your form 4 is approved.
Always wondered how they legally can do that? Supposedly you can only have something shipped like that to you if you have already taken ownership and you are merely shipping it somewhere to be worked on and they then ship it back to you. So if I buy something there and I do NOT live in texas can they ship it to my house? avoiding a transfer fee from the class 3 dealer I usually use? Sucks because the closest one to me is almost an hour drive from here.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Always wondered how they legally can do that? Supposedly you can only have something shipped like that to you if you have already taken ownership and you are merely shipping it somewhere to be worked on and they then ship it back to you. So if I buy something there and I do NOT live in texas can they ship it to my house? avoiding a transfer fee from the class 3 dealer I usually use? Sucks because the closest one to me is almost an hour drive from here.
No that's only if you live in texas. It can only be transfered to a Class 3 dealer if it crosses state lines. More wonderful rules from the GayTF.

Reactions: sldcountry

·
Registered
318 Posts
No that's only if you live in texas. It can only be transfered to a Class 3 dealer if it crosses state lines. More wonderful rules from the GayTF.
Kameron has it right there's no way around it. You have to weight the benefits of saving money by ordering out of state v.s buying in state and paying sales tax (if your state has sales tax).

·
Registered
876 Posts
All I can say about SiilencerShop is they are amazing! Especially Roy & Dave. I have a real complicated trust where I have to pay for everything with a check drawn from the trust. They work up a invoice for me and even pull the silencers while they wait for my check to arrive. They still pull the suppressors for me while they wait for the check, but I don't think they do it for new customers because the've been burned to many times. All I can say is CS is amazing and email/phone communication is stellar. They give you the tracking numbers, serial numbers, the status of the form 3. Once approved they have called me to update me. Amazing CS. Same excellent CS when doing the in state transfer with my C3 dealer in Georgia. Jeremy at Bullyseye's Indoor Range in Lawrenceville is great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts