FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so if its not in the right section apologies. I have a specwar762 on order and I would like to install the appropriate brake on my scar17. I've read not to use the factory jamb nut. I assume that I can't just time it and use rockset? Does it need to be torqued to a shoulder, can I use shims with such a small shoulder on the barrel? Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
609 Posts
shim it and rocksett it. wait 24 hours for it to set before attaching the suppressor. thats how i ran my surefire brake for suppressed use till my wife claimed the suppressor as HERS. i switched to the bcm 762 comp.

be sure to rod it to test for baffle rubbing. be sure to test any subsonic loads if you use them for keyholing before running suppressed.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Official word from SilencerCo (and from SilencerShop) is not to use the Specwar brake on the 17S.

The shoulder is too small to accurately mount against and their devices are designed to go against the shoulder only.

SilencerCo actually goes a step further and says not to use any of their muzzle devices on the SCAR 17S -- whereas SilencerShop says it's ok if you use the hider (not the brake) if you check for concentricity.

That said, people have done it, per JonM above.

There's another thread on this here:
http://fnforum.net/forums/sbr-suppr...r-saker-interchangeable-endcap-brilliant.html

·
Registered
609 Posts
some folks square up the nut and use that. whatever system you use or how you do it you MUST check for concentricity and the baffles arent protruding into the bullet pathway.

a lot of bolt guns are like the scar17 very little to no shoulder. pistol barrels have less shoulder than a scar17 but are supppressed all the time.

you can add witness marks and check during routine cleaning for movement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've ordered a shim kit and some rocksett, so I'm going to try to shim it. If that doesn't work I have a close friend that's a machinist so ill see if I can get him to true up the jamb nut and make it work somehow. I'll just have to check and re-check alignment before I use my can on it. With a little luck things will work out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts