FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,
I did a search and couldn't find anything in the forums about this but was wondering if any of you have tried SilencerCo's Easy Gun Trust. They advertise it as being only $129.99 and send you an instructional email after payment to fill out the forms. Any reviews as far as credibility/legality of this route? I know gun trust is becoming the more popular route to get NFA regulated items.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My question is what are the cons of getting a trust now(for future purchases) when I already own 5 cans and an SBR on individual stamps?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
cons: cant add the 5 cans and sbr without paying 200 each again. pros: more legal asset protection, multiple users, no, leo, signoff, no print cards, can be passed down when you die easier. just to name a few things

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wouldn't there be a way to include it in a trust without paying the tax again? Maybe in the schedule A without actually transferring it to the trust for inheritance purposes? Probably a question for attorneys...

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also in the process of researching trust options and would greatly value input from anyone who has been through the process.

·
Banned
69 Posts
199 Trust a bunch of us on here used it and we had no problems at all that I know of I haven't had any problems my last can came in 3 months

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Guntrustlawyers.com you can not add individual form 4s to a trust at all without transferring to the trust and paying the tax again. You own them now and if the trust is going to own them you need to transfer them to the trust and pay the tax again. I know I have both individual and trust stuff. They are separate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Silencerco is one of the absolute best companies in silencers with THE BEST customer service. No issues whatsoever. If you are considering it, do it now and get some paperwork started before any new regs are put in place. Trusts will still be fine, but more hoops to jump through are likely in the works.
Awesome input. Sounds like these guys are a good route!

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
I did my trust through Silencer Shop...$129.95. I had the entire trust completed/notarized within an afternoon. I paid, answered the questions and had the final trust within 20 minutes. Since I'm laid up, I had a notary come to the house. I waited longer for him than the completed trust. I was/am very happy with the results...7 approved stamps in just shy of 6 months.

This is not knocking any other trust options, just letting you know my experience.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Now is the time to act, it is a buyers market. my last Form 4 took barely over 3.5 months and my buddy's was 3 months and I just read a post where a guy got his in under 3 months. All were Form 4s, not Form 1s

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
"Overlord of Destruction and Doom Gun Trust."

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
True story a guy named his trust "Wet Farts Trust" he though he was so clever until he had to get it engraved on a lower. :lol:
I was going to witty, or at least attempt to be witty, until I though just that...etched in forever. I kept it short and simple...LASTNAME TRUST. Of course I used my last name and not the generic LASTNAME.

Reactions: roaddog359
1 - 20 of 24 Posts