FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out the SiclencerCO Harvester if so what do you think of it ? is it a good can, quiet ? I thinking about buying 3 of these to use on mine and my 2 sons bolt guns along with the HD-9-2 and the Spectre 2 for my 22's any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Has anyone tried out the SiclencerCO Harvester if so what do you think of it ? is it a good can, quiet ? I thinking about buying 3 of these to use on mine and my 2 sons bolt guns along with the HD-9-2 and the Spectre 2 for my 22's any help would be appreciated thanks.
Would you recommend the spectre over the sparrow?

Reactions: rslsss

·
Registered
508 Posts
Considering the harvester just became available for order a couple of weeks ago, I doubt anybody except maybe a few dealers have had a chance to test it out. Silencerco makes excellent suppressors, so I would expect the harvester to be no different.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering the harvester just became available for order a couple of weeks ago, I doubt anybody except maybe a few dealers have had a chance to test it out. Silencer makes excellent suppressors, so I would expect the harvester to be no different.
The silencer shop has them in stock at a great price they also tested them up to 300 weatherby mag, they are not rated for that but it held up to it they highly recommended it even over the thunderbeast 30ba which is twice the cost also said the harvester is quieter than the AAC SDN-6 which i have.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The silencer shop has them in stock at a great price they also tested them up to 300 weatherby mag, they are not rated for that but it held up to it they highly recommended it even over the thunderbeast 30ba which is twice the cost also said the harvester is quieter than the AAC SDN-6 which i have.
Yeah they just got them in stock a couple of weeks ago, so considering the months of waiting that we must endure after ordering a suppressor, I don't think any average joes on here would have tested one out yet. The dealers however, may have had a chance to test one.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know for sure he told me but that wasn't at the top of my list and I didn't pay as close attention as I should have but he recommended over the sparrow.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm really surprised because I've heard many times the sparrow is his top seller. I just got mine and really like it so far. I love the monocore.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Love my SS sparrow..Easy to clean in a 50/50 cleaning mix as it is stainless and will not be affected by the vinegar peroxide combo.. Lead just wipes off after 24th rs maybe less depending on round count..Love silencerco..

·
Registered
841 Posts
Haven't tried it but would definitely recommend it based on research if you're only buying it for a bolt gun (thread on application only).

If you want the quick detach, i.e. you want to run it on a SCAR or AR or something, get the SpecWar 762 and order a muzzle brake for your bolt guns plus a flash hider for your SCAR/AR/etc. :)

Silencerco Specwar 7.62 | Silencer Shop

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven't tried it but would definitely recommend it based on research if you're only buying it for a bolt gun (thread on application only).

If you want the quick detach, i.e. you want to run it on a SCAR or AR or something, get the SpecWar 762 and order a muzzle brake for your bolt guns plus a flash hider for your SCAR/AR/etc. :)

Silencerco Specwar 7.62 | Silencer Shop
I have the AAC 7.62 SDN-6 and M 4-2000 for the scars now I need cans for the bolt guns.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have the AAC 7.62 SDN-6 and M 4-2000 for the scars now I need cans for the bolt guns.
If that's the case I would strongly consider just getting Brakeout mounts for your bolt guns and using your SDN-6 on the bolt guns. It will do just fine!

Between the cost of the can and the tax stamp, with how quickly they change between them I would just stick with my existing can and get a new mount and use the saved $700 on ammo or other accessories.

But that's just my $0.02. I'm all about "two is one, one is none" in some regards but at the same time I'm a big fan of items that can be multi-use across multiple platform or hosts.

If it was me, if you were really intent on buying another 762 can, I'd be more inclined to buy a second SDN-6 (or buy a Saker 762 when those finally come out, so you can use your existing mounts) vs. buying a dedicated screw on can.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If that's the case I would strongly consider just getting Brakeout mounts for your bolt guns and using your SDN-6 on the bolt guns. It will do just fine!

Between the cost of the can and the tax stamp, with how quickly they change between them I would just stick with my existing can and get a new mount and use the saved $700 on ammo or other accessories.

But that's just my $0.02. I'm all about "two is one, one is none" in some regards but at the same time I'm a big fan of items that can be multi-use across multiple platform or hosts.

If it was me, if you were really intent on buying another 762 can, I'd be more inclined to buy a second SDN-6 (or buy a Saker 762 when those finally come out, so you can use your existing mounts) vs. buying a dedicated screw on can.
I already took the plunge and bought 3 Harvesters, I will leave the SDN-6 and M4-2000 just for my Scars and ARs with 2 sons who also would like to shoot suppressed we need multiple cans and with keeping tight groups I feel we should use thread on cans,Oh well it's only hard earned money one day Obummer will be gone and I might make some more.:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts