FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I just received an email about this one. Right now I'm plenty satisfied with my Specwar, but perhaps next year I can track one of these guys down. I'm curious to see what Silencerco unveils at SHOT this year.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeremy, can you tell us, is the brake on that modular like the saker? If so most likely compatible with saker endcaps?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Now let's see its performance mounted up on the SCAR Hvy throwing 3-4 mags worth down range in a hasty manner!

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Hmmm, this looks very cool. How much length does the ASR mount add?

·
Registered
498 Posts
It is modular but does not use the Saker endcaps. They will be releasing endcaps for it soon.
I like it. So it looks like they took a Saker 762 as a starting point, made is a little bit shorter, a little bit lighter with some titanium, gave it a modular brake option, and a modular ASR mount like the Specwar. Is that fairly accurate?

What is the length with the ASR mount?

Also is the listed weight of 14 oz with the direct thread mount?

I am guessing when adding the ASR mount module weight goes up a little bit. The Saker 762 at 20oz is a bit heavier, but when comparing both with a QA mount I bet the weights are a bit closer.

How are they getting 134 dB out of a 7" can with .308, when the Saker is getting 138 dB out of a 7.5" can, and the Specwar is getting 134 dB out of a 9" can?

Would love to see some more info on POI shift as well.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i was leaning toward surefire socom 7.62 but this is looking like a no-brainer......

I wanna see POI shift info as well

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Is that fairly accurate?
Yes it is very accurate.
What is the length with the ASR mount?
The ASR adds .845"
Also is the listed weight of 14 oz with the direct thread mount?
Yes it is, the ASR adds 3.5oz
I am guessing when adding the ASR mount module weight goes up a little bit. The Saker 762 at 20oz is a bit heavier, but when comparing both with a QA mount I bet the weights are a bit closer.
How are they getting 134 dB out of a 7" can with .308, when the Saker is getting 138 dB out of a 7.5" can, and the Specwar is getting 134 dB out of a 9" can?
Better baffle design.
Would love to see some more info on POI shift as well.
Like most silencers that will be based more on the gun than the silencer.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Ugh, should have held off on getting the specwar
If you keep holding off for the next big thing you will never have a suppressor. Suppressors are like computers, every 6 months there is something better released. Get the specwar, and move on to the next latest and greatest suppressor.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Son of a... I just got the saker and now this? I wish it was compatible with the saker's brake. Jeremy will this new mount be compatible with the Scar 17's little shoulder?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts