FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First stamp finally came in....... SilencerCo Omega (7 months total with a form 3 and 4 transfer). The SilencerShop Direct was super easy/cheaper and the FFL I picked it up from talked about how much of a plus it was for them.

I got a chance to shoot it on both the Scar 17 and Ruger .300 blk. direct threaded. Wow its quiet. My wife doesn't understand the wicked grin I wear now...

Anyway, here's a pic (taken by the FFL, not me). I am going to Rocksett the muzzle brake on this week and will try to take pictures along the way.

Gun Air gun Wood Airsoft Trigger

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congrats on receiving your Omega! I have one in process right now and look forward to seeing how it stacks up against my Specwar. I like the Specwar, I just wanted a lighter option that can still take some abuse... enter the Omega.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered one from them on a Trust about two months ago, I'll be puting it on my MEGA Ma10 .308 build. I am very excited.....Really glad to read you like yours, have fun with the new can:x

·
Registered
48 Posts
I laughed when I read on the 'Silencer Shop' website the bast way to wait on your can was to just "forget about it" :) :)

My brother you're making it pretty tough for me ....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cleaned barrel and brake twice with Acetone (nail polish remover) twice until q-tip ran clean. Hand tightened and ended up 90 degrees past Top Dead Center.
Tool

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you have to buy extra shims? The shims I received with my Omega were 3 thin and 3 slightly larger...but that was all I received

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you have to buy extra shims? The shims I received with my Omega were 3 thin and 3 slightly larger...but that was all I received
Sorry I haven't had chance to update, as I haven't had a chance to function test the break with the can yet.

The pack I received had 1 thick washer and approximately 8 or so thin ones. Try sliding the thicker ones in your fingers and make sure they aren't stuck together. There were several that I thought were thicker, but were just stuck together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts