FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting another Osprey .45 so I have enough suppressors for the whole family. Yes I know I'm weird, but it's so nice not to wear ear muffs and the females find it less scary because of the reduced sound. I lost access to M3wholesale/Major-Malfunction when my SOT expired. My question is can someone give me a wholesale price on a Silencerco Octane 45 HD? You can email me at [email protected] I sincerely appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I was gonna say - Silencer Shop is where I got my Surefire SOCOCM mini and it was LOW - and dealer to dealer eForm 3 was just at 30 days....

And last I looked at SS - their HD 9 went or $599

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well yes. I used to pay $700 for AAC-762-SDN-6 @ wholesale and price sold was $1150.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm doing a trade with a dealer. Thats why I wanted to know wholesale price. I'm selling a shotgun he really wants for wholesale price on a Octane 45. He first came to me with a wholesale price of $699 and I called his bluff showing him it only costs $659 @ silencershopDOTcom. Now its kinda the point of it all. If wholesale is $450 thats what I will give him in the trade towards the shotgun.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never mind, wholesale price should be around $500-$520.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang, that is 35-100% markup on suppressors? Or just this one
Actually $650 is really cheap. Thats about a 10% markup. The thing with silencers being priced high at gun shops is because they have to sit on inventory. If you think that markup on a suppressor is high then you would be really surprised how much they markup firearms. But gun shops are a business and they need to pay there employee's, insurance for the store, rent/lease/mortgage, and they also have to feed their families. The internet really changed things. Because you could have a home business with basically no overhead and a markup of 10% and sell a lot because of there super low prices. But before you buy that pistol for $600 online and $700 at your LGS. Negotiate with your LGS...Say I can get this $700 gun for $600 online would you be open to giving me $$75 worth of range time if I purchased from you. 9 out of 10 LGS with ranges would say yes. It doesn't really cost them anything to let you shoot in the range, and it's a win-win.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Actually $650 is really cheap. Thats about a 10% markup. The thing with silencers being priced high at gun shops is because they have to sit on inventory. If you think that markup on a suppressor is high then you would be really surprised how much they markup firearms. But gun shops are a business and they need to pay there employee's, insurance for the store, rent/lease/mortgage, and they also have to feed their families. The internet really changed things. Because you could have a home business with basically no overhead and a markup of 10% and sell a lot because of there super low prices. But before you buy that pistol for $600 online and $700 at your LGS. Negotiate with your LGS...Say I can get this $700 gun for $600 online would you be open to giving me $$75 worth of range time if I purchased from you. 9 out of 10 LGS with ranges would say yes. It doesn't really cost them anything to let you shoot in the range, and it's a win-win.
Not saying they shouldn't make a profit and not feed their family. Just shows the wide variance and for one to do your homework and shop around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased a 45 Osprey thru a class 3 dealer who's a friend - pricing from their distributor was around $600 if I remember the conversation correctly.

I'd imagine depending on a particular dealer's buying power/volume, distributor, etc. cost could vary anywhere between +/- 5% of $600.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts