FN Herstal Firearms banner

SilencerCo Releases Saker 762

10K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  SCARFace17 
#1 ·

SilencerCo announced the launch of their new Saker 762 suppressor for 7.62/.308 caliber rifles. It’s less than an inch longer than their 5.56 model, the Saker 556, and weights in at 20.7oz. Sound reduction was at 126 dB with 300BLK subsonic ammo and 139 dB with .308. It includes a lifetime warranty and retails at $1300. They’re currently in production and should be available in Q1 of 2014. Check them out at Silencerco.com. - See more at: SilencerCo Releases Saker 762 at SHOT Show

See less See more
#4 ·
I am sure the price will drop - as I am sure they will get the 1300 bucks because someone wants the 'newest' thing out there - What I do like is that you can change to the 51t mount on the SWR and use it on all your AAC mounts... that alone saves some bucks as $$$$ for mounts can add up quick ... and have even better lock up (that is my only gripe on both my AAC 7.62 SD and M42K) no issues to date - just have to find the time to mod my current AAC mounts and get that 1 extra tooth to engage and eliminate the AAC wobble.

#8 · (Edited)
With both of my AAC cans and either of the 51t mounts (brake or 3 prong) you can tighten the suppressor .... either fire a few shots it will back off 1 tooth and you can 'wobble' (to me its more of just play and the use of the term wobble as the best adjective to explain the VERY minor movement) the suppressor up or down or side to side. You can tighten the suppressor ... and by hand make the suppressor back off 1 tooth and get the wobble. Wiggle - wobble - play - I get it ... its all subjective - I am just glad SWR came along and improved on their mounting system to improve lock up - Even AAC did a GREAT job on replacing the ratchet paw on QD suppressors due to a batch having improper heat treat .... my hat off to them for being a stand up company and fixing it....

Do I think it induces any loss in accuracy - no
Do I think it may induce a baffle strike - no
Does it cause me to have any buyers remorse - no

Peace of mind that the lock up is not as good as I would like...yes but for me its more of it could be better - my YHM QD Phantom had better lock up IMO. When talking to the industry guys (AAC) they designed the 51t to have some movement and a precision area - but the trade off was not to have a mount SO rigid that you would not be able to remove the suppressor if it became stuck say due to a heavy firing schedule and fouling ... AAC to address this issue - moved to a 90t mounting system

I understand nothing will be as 'good' as a direct thread on suppressor ... but AAC w/their 90t QD mount and the direction that KAC/SWR/Surefire has taken with their QD mounts - they have come a long way and made them as good if not better than any very limiting thread on mounted suppressor.

As for the wobble/wiggle/play issue w/the 51t AAC mounts - Snipers Hide has a good write up as does m4 Carbine Net - handle Eurodriver has some nice pics of the mod for the mount on the Sniper Hide write up AAC 7.62 SDN-6 wiggleage? - Page 2

Tool

#17 · (Edited)

SilencerCo announced the launch of their new Saker 762 suppressor for 7.62/.308 caliber rifles. It’s less than an inch longer than their 5.56 model, the Saker 556, and weights in at 20.7oz. Sound reduction was at 126 dB with 300BLK subsonic ammo and 139 dB with .308. It includes a lifetime warranty and retails at $1300. They’re currently in production and should be available in Q1 of 2014. Check them out at Silencerco.com. - See more at: SilencerCo Releases Saker 762 at SHOT Show
Thanks for the heads up!

In other news - my how things have changed. AAC lowered the price of their cans due to silencerCo. I wonder now if AAC is going to raise the cost of the SDN-6.
Got my SDN-6 for $850 - that's 55% BELOW what SilencerCo is asking.

Besides - I don't get the cost of this or any other tube. If these exact silencers were muffler adapters for motorcycles, the MSRP would be $195, Home Depo out the door.
I guess they figure that buying a lathe and a welder is more money than just getting the thing. However, after 3 of them it's about even.

Since I have a welder and a lathe now, I will apply for the tax stamp and just make my own - call it good. We can do that - it's legal.

Silencer science is highly overrated - and most designs are available on the web. If anyone has ever looked at the internals of MP5SD, they would be shocked how crude, simple and effective it is.
Funny that the 50 year old SD is always the measuring stick. A $20 design being held up as the bench mark for $1K+ super secret uber technology of AAC, SilencerCo et.al.

-TH

#18 ·
Product Hand Table

-and, coolest I think were the re-introduced 762-SD (with all Inconel baffles) and a new 556-SD (All inconel baffles, thicker blast baffle and tube tweaked for easier manufacturing), both are MSRP $650… Pics of these coming. SOURCE 2014 Shot and Ten Pound Monkey (Jason)

Ah and finally the 90t QD mounts! Looks like they are knocking down the price to lure folks buying dollars away form SWR :)

Looks like 2014 we will FINALLY see the Ranger 3 (thread on)

#19 ·
View attachment 22634

-and, coolest I think were the re-introduced 762-SD (with all Inconel baffles) and a new 556-SD (All inconel baffles, thicker blast baffle and tube tweaked for easier manufacturing), both are MSRP $650… Pics of these coming. SOURCE 2014 Shot and Ten Pound Monkey (Jason)

Ah and finally the 90t QD mounts! Looks like they are knocking down the price to lure folks buying dollars away form SWR :)

Looks like 2014 we will FINALLY see the Ranger 3 (thread on)
At $650/warranty - it's a no brainer for most folks. You get a LOT of can for your money vs the competition. Even YHM tank cans are about that $$$, and they are just SS.

I'd take the shorty 556. One sexy can.

-TH

#22 ·
People talk about this wobble thing with the AAC 762-SDN6 but I've never had an issue. It can be a PITA to take off but locks up tight. My favorite system is Surefires it's super rock solid and no POI shift. The AAC suppressor can change to POI a little, but I found a way to solve it. Take a little white nail polish and paint a thin line at 12' when you have it pushed against the mount tight. **Don't start to twist on yet** After everything drys you index/time the suppressor in the same spot every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.