FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the most recent news direct from FNH.....

[snip]

As for the Mk17 SCAR-H 7.62, there is currently no planned release in the forseeable future, meaning nothing in the works anytime soon.
The main selling points for me was 7.62N, full length top rail, adjustable length of pull and adjustable comb height. Are there any rifles that fit this bill? I am not waiting untill FN decides to release this (or not), so my hunt is back on. I know it doesnt fully meet what I was looking for, but the Kel-tec RFB has cought my eye. After I get out of the Sandbox(tm) I'll be headed to the local shop to see what it is like.

I am really not too keen on the numerous M4geries floating around regardles of calliber.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I plan on getting a Kel tec RFB. The FN SCAR H's, I fear, will be out of my price range if and when they ever do come out. The RFB uses FN FAL mag's (and they are petty cheap to buy). I too want a 7.62 and the price range on the RFB is closer to what I was looking for.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$2750 for a SOCOM16 and the SASS stock... ouch!!

Still though, this is the closest so far to what I am looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Thats interesting. What does "Reversible piston / gas trap design (two modes of fire" mean? The magazines DPMS,AR10 etc are they FAL mags?

thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
POF Piston

Position 1 Low Presure
Position 2 Normal Presure

No FAL Mags,,Only DPMS and SR-25 for sure. I am using DPMS Mags.
They are fairly cheap mags..I bough a 10 pack for 280.00

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Re: POF Piston

zeroadnan said:
Position 1 Low Presure
Position 2 Normal Presure

No FAL Mags,,Only DPMS and SR-25 for sure. I am using DPMS Mags.
They are fairly cheap mags..I bough a 10 pack for 280.00
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I was looking at SA SOCOM II this evening. The M1A is certainly a nice versatile and compact platform for the 7.62.

Off topic: the SOBs had an Armalite AR-30 in .338 Lapua within 5ft of the SOCOM that was calling too me. Different stock then the ones on the Armalite site. Much more traditional sniper stock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, unless something changes before I get back to the US, looks like I'll be getting an M1A Scout with the Troy MCS. I figured it out to be around $2750 for all the options I am looking for. Its a tad more than I wanted, but oh well, such is life. I need to find a place that sells factory or USGI mags at a reasonable price. $45 each from Midway is kinda steap lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a m1a scout with standard stock and couln't be happier. That rifle is VERY accurate even out to 200 yards and farther and it's size and weight really makes it a do all rifle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts