FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I just got my Blackhawk single point sling and installed it on the gun. No problem there it looks cool.

Now how the crap do I wear the Goram thing!!! Do I just put it around my neck, it looks way to stupid to go on that way and way to big for that. :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on, somebody HAS to know how to put on the blackhawk sling... :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
i just have an Urban ERT sling - I can't help you with the blackhawk.

Try googling "blackhawk sling" and then click on "images." Maybe there will be some pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
If you are right handed....Single point slings generally go over your right shoulder. This allows the gun to hang across your chest as opposed to down your side.

Its a bit counter-intuitive the first time you put it on but you'll find it is optimal there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thorfinn said:
If you are right handed....Single point slings generally go over your right shoulder. This allows the gun to hang across your chest as opposed to down your side.

Its a bit counter-intuitive the first time you put it on but you'll find it is optimal there.
I will try that. For the most part I don't like the sling but it may just be due to the fit issue.

One nice selling point for the Urban ERT slings I saw a "how to" on thier web page on how to put on the thing. Very cool. I just put in an order for a custom Snow/Alaska camo 2 point sling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
I had the ERT single point for several months - and later got the additional attachment to convert it to a 2 point. I prefer the 2 point now. It is very nice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
CMANavy said:
Thorfinn said:
If you are right handed....Single point slings generally go over your right shoulder. This allows the gun to hang across your chest as opposed to down your side.

Its a bit counter-intuitive the first time you put it on but you'll find it is optimal there.
I will try that. For the most part I don't like the sling but it may just be due to the fit issue.

One nice selling point for the Urban ERT slings I saw a "how to" on thier web page on how to put on the thing. Very cool. I just put in an order for a custom Snow/Alaska camo 2 point sling.
I love the Urban ERT single points because of the elastic and the ability to use them comfortably with multiple weapon systems. I have adaptors for my FS2000, AR15 and Yugo Underfolders.

For the PS90 I bought the CMMG single point sling and have been very happy with it. I also have the factory rubix cube sling but found it more frustrating than anything. Nice to have OEM accessories in the box though :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I just put in an order for a custom Snow/Alaska camo 2 point sling.
CMANavy,
Just an update, I placed the order for various materials on Monday. I should receive the soft goods by the first of the week. Still working on the hardware.

:shock:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
IMO the most comfortable and easy to operate single point sling is the Stargate sling from TheVestGuy. Simple snap removes the gun from the sling and it evenly distributes the gun's weight around your shoulders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
tqtran said:
IMO the most comfortable and easy to operate single point sling is the Stargate sling from TheVestGuy. Simple snap removes the gun from the sling and it evenly distributes the gun's weight around your shoulders.
I am diggin' that setup! What's it run? Although, for a right-handed shooter, wouldn't you want the buckle on the buttstock of the PS90 to be on the left side of the rifle?

Nevermind about the price question. I found it on his site. It's currently on sale too! I wonder if his discount he said he'll give forum members applies as well? Hmmm...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
FSCJedi said:
Although, for a right-handed shooter, wouldn't you want the buckle on the buttstock of the PS90 to be on the left side of the rifle?
I do have it on the left side. I just put it at the very end of the stock in this picture to show how it connects.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
tqtran,

I'd like to see a pic of how the sling system distorts when the rifle is held to the shoulder (in firing position), if at all possible.

Is there any discomfort (pinching, rubbing, etc...) when firing the rifle with the sling attached?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
FSCJedi said:
I'd like to see a pic of how the sling system distorts when the rifle is held to the shoulder (in firing position), if at all possible.
Ah...me taking pictures of myself holding guns will result in my wife laughing at me for years to come.....I'll have to take a pass :D

FSCJedi said:
Is there any discomfort (pinching, rubbing, etc...) when firing the rifle with the sling attached?
No discomfort what so ever. You don't even notice its there. I always shot with the sling attached. I don't see the point of taking the gun off a sling unless I am switching guns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
CMANavy said:
Thorfinn said:
If you are right handed....Single point slings generally go over your right shoulder. This allows the gun to hang across your chest as opposed to down your side.

Its a bit counter-intuitive the first time you put it on but you'll find it is optimal there.
I will try that. For the most part I don't like the sling but it may just be due to the fit issue.

One nice selling point for the Urban ERT slings I saw a "how to" on thier web page on how to put on the thing. Very cool. I just put in an order for a custom Snow/Alaska camo 2 point sling.
Here it is in single point and two point mode.



 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top