FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of having my FNX 45 blued slide refinished in the FDE color with the black frame. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was thinking of having my FNX 45 blued slide refinished in the FDE color with the black frame. What do you guys think?
Personally not a fan, but then again I like my guns all one color: black. Everyone knows that's the more accurate color.

Seriously though - if it makes you happy, go for it!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just don't know. I do have the more accurate FDE Tactical 45 on layaway :) and I really like the tan color. (actually I thought it was ugly but now I'm liking it a whole lot.)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
What? They make a blued slide model? I did not know that.
I always loved the FDE framed USGI pistols with the black slide and black controls. I don't see why the revers would not look good as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I say do it. Dark terrain colors and black always look good together. the glock was google's. the G3 clone is mine. both in OD but you get the point. you can always ask someone to photoshop 4 you. worst case scenario is you end up cerakoteing the frame to match. the FDE fnx45 proves that's a good look

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I would like to see it. I say go for it. It all comes down to personal preference but I'm all about making a weapon all your own.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Someone will tell you that you have the most inaccurate of both worlds then and it is now considered a boomerang. :lol: But seriously, its yours, do what makes you feel gitty. I think it may look good. Who knows, that combo may be the most accurate of both worlds and you could win 1km bulls eye match, you got a buddy you could switch slides with to give you a idea of the look before you commit. That would help, I don't have a art eye but I can tell you what I like the looks of. :th_thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts