FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

I'm a new guy here, and new to both FN and to the SCAR platform. I recently acquired a 17s. It's not my first .308 rifle, or even first .308 battle rifle, and I like it pretty much as it is. Couple of niggling little things not worth mentioning. I have it currently topped with a Vortex Viper PST 4-16X I had laying around, primarily because I have the old Mk62 eyeballs with the cataracts option, and lower magnification than 4X just doesn't work for me.

The main thing I'm interested in for now is a quality sling - nothing fancy...not a "Ching Sling" or anything like that.....just a modern version of a good of old-fashioned, well-made 2 point rifle sling—preferably one that can take advantage of the existing sling attachment points. Not interested in converting to keymod at this time, however if there is a rail-mounted QD mount with compatible sling attachments, that would be OK too.

My rifle is the more accurate FDE version (LOL), so a sling in matching color would be nice.

You guys have any recommendations?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been really impressed with my Urban ERT sling. I believe I have the Urban Sentry model. I have QD adapters front and rear on my Scar and had the sling made with those. Great sling for the money. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Urban ERT slings are very good quality.

Customer service is outstanding. Call him at 4 A.M. if you need to.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Urban ERT Sling FTW. I have bought his sling for multiple carbines now over the years. After my first one for a PS90, I've just stuck with them. I have one on my SCAR 16 right now. I changed up the attachment points a bit when I ordered it, as I like the rear attachment point to be on the back of the gun. But, you can also use the default attachment points as well.

My forward sling point is moved to a side rail now, as this is an older photo:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a basic two point adjustable with HK style hooks in the factory sling mounts. The factory mounting points are perfect for me and work best if you are carrying long distances plus they are solid with no chance of failure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. So far, I've looked at the Urban Sentry Hybrid, the Cobra Sling, and the Viking Tactics Original Sling. I'll take a look at all the others in the next couple of days. I already own an older Magpul hybrid sling, but the clips on the ends won't accommodate the sling attachment points on the rifle.

·
Registered
418 Posts
+1 for the BFG VCAS Sling

Solid, simple, and adjustable.

I run them on both my 16 and 17.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey, you guys that went for the BFG VCAS, did you go with the padded option or not, and what kind of hardware did you go with?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts