FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, all you FS2000 people out there, which sling have you found to be the most practical and functional?? Im in the market for a sling for my FS2000 and don't want to make the same mistake I did with my AR buying several to find the right one.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I do not have an FS2000, but I have a PS90 - best sling around is Urban ERTs - he makes them for the FS2000 as well.

I liked it so much, I bugged him until he became a sponsor here :x

Click on his banner on the main page, and it will bring U to his site! :?

·
Registered
111 Posts
+1 for the urban ERT in the single point config. :shock:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much. I will check that out.

I put 400 rounds of Wolf though it yesterday. Only problem I had was the extractor ripped off the rim of the 223 steel case. Just had to use the cleaning rod to push it out. But other than that was a fun reliable gun to shoot

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, checked it out and liked it very much so I placed my order today and I even got an e-mail back saying it will be shipped out today. Now thats service :D

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
nmscuba said:
Ok, checked it out and liked it very much so I placed my order today and I even got an e-mail back saying it will be shipped out today. Now thats service :D
:? :? :?

Yes, he is quick, and he will also answer e-mails pretty fast too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know you already decided, but I'm going to echo ERT as well.

He called me like 10 minutes after I ordered it, because the color didn't go through on my order, and he let me add an extra few bucks to cover an accessory that I forgot to click on the order, didn't charge me extra shipping (most places say "You need to place another order,") it shipped out the same day... and the sling rocks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just ordered one for the PS90 and will probably get some for other items after I check it out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I use Urban E.R.T. slings on my PS90s, FS2000s (just ordered) and CX4. I especially like the multi-color slings on my ODG rifles. Great service, great product!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll cast another vote for the Urban Combat FS2000 sling. Good fit, good service, all around good product. I have Urban Combat slings on both my FS2000 and my DPMS 308 Panther. My only gripe was the lack of padding on this sling, which became an issue during a two day tactical rifle course in summer months wearing just a t-shirt. The padded VTAC sling is a lot more comfortable and I use that sling on my AR and FNAR. Solved the problem with a couple of sling pads from Blackhawk.

·
Registered
54 Posts
URBAN ERT 2-pt, the sling of choice!

URBAN ERT ALL THE WAY! Looked at several slings and always came back to the URBAN. They have a great design and function. These people know tactical gear. Installed on my PS90 and FS2000 and have been happy with both. I little on the expensive side but worth the extra dollars. They have a wide variety of configurations and colors to choose from and customer service has always been good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, based on the pictures Ive seen, I think the ERT sling for the 2000 is a bit over engineered, visually obtrusive, overpriced (for the purpose it need to fill at least) and looks like it interferes with takedown of the rifle somewhat. They DO look like they are very well made and I'm sure they are very strong. they just are not my taste really. :-?

Frankly since FN wont sell the factory slings, I bought a bunch of really good top of the line components and assembled exact copies of both the "Tactic sling", and the plain jane sling for myself.

They both work like a champ by using the factory slots and front loop. I'm not sure why one would want more webbing and complex attachment systems when the simple factory style setup seems to work fantasically.

Best of all, If you guys want some I'll make some up either in foliage or black (I could get OD too) and offer them to you here for like $30 for the tactic and $25 for the regular sling.

If there is a demand for the factory style sling, then I'll open up shop and start cranking them out!!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
If U've only looked at pics of the Urban ERT sling, and haven't actually used one, then you can't really judge it now, can you? :p

I'll tell ya that I find that his PS90 sling balances a little better than the factory sling.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ShipWreck said:
If U've only looked at pics of the Urban ERT sling, and haven't actually used one, then you can't really judge it now, can you? :p

I'll tell ya that I find that his PS90 sling balances a little better than the factory sling.
that could be for some folks and some usages. But I dont have to try out a pair of pants 5 sizes to large to know they wont work for me either :D

The factory style f2000 sling i made seems to balance nicely for me, and doesnt interfere with cheek weld at all.

I try to practice equally with both sides, so actually wearing the sling while shooting is pretty distracting and is slowed down considerably by even a single point much less a two point.

My sling usage is limited to administrative carry and "holstering" where it gets tossed over my head and over my shoulder, and ends up on the back with the sling over the right shoulder pointing down.

Frankly my personal choice of sling is a simple and strong sling, and that usually is an affordable thing to find. I have messed with more complicated slings, but get tired of them getting caught on gear or camelbacks, so I keep it simple.

They look like well made slings frankly, but complicated is rarely better when dealing with gear or tactics. :grin:

either way It'd be nice to have some other choices for those who like simple and affordable.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I disagree with ya here. Its not a pair of pants. The slings work really well, and are not overly complicated. But, have your own opinion. I still say you need to try it before commenting on it negatively.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you send me one I'll try it out and give it a fair shake then send it back. if i like it I'll definitely tell you. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again :p

My opinion is based SOLELY on the way it looks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd put a plug in for the Vickers CAS from Blue Force Gear.

Uncomplicated adjustable 2 pt. sling designed by a guy who's been the tip of the spear for two decades.

It allows you to transition to your pistol easily, or to transition to your off shoulder if needed.

Brett W. from FN uses them on the P90 and SCAR systems.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts