FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey would like to see some pictures on how you guys got your slings set up on the SCAR 17, Im looking for a 2 point sling for it but not sure if I want to get some QD mounts for it or not. Anyone have some links to some really good 2point slings for a good deal that are quality ?? Thanks again :evil:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Currently I have mine set up for 2 pt and 2-1pt with a BFG Padded VCAS PB Sling + IWC Split Bar Triglide with a GG&G SCAR QD mount on the rear and a Gear Sector QD mount on the front... but my PMM SCAR QD mounts will be delivered tomorrow so I will be switching to see if I like it better which at this point i think i will..

got my sling from here... http://www.riflegear.com/p-1292-blue-force-gear-vickers-padded-push-button-sling.aspx

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I run the V-Tac padded 2point sling, you can pick your attachments than work best for you. I like the QD socket the best, H&K hooks second. You'd need to run adapters for the QD sockets on the SCAR.
V-TAC QUICK ADJUST SLING | Brownells
QUICK-DETACH SLING SWIVEL | Brownells

Here's a few links to some threads that cover this.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-photo-section/22068-request-pictures-your-scar-sling-attached.html
http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-17s/25006-can-you-guys-post-your-slings-attachments-pic.html
http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/25044-sling-choice-scar-16-a.html

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Like so..

- BFG Padded VCAS
- Gear Sector QD Mount

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Those PMM QD's appear functional, I will be ordering a set next week. It is a shame that whenever someone posts a review the MODS delete the thread.
Perhaps, a review without a link to their website will pass mustard with FNF's policies. No Ticky, No Laundry.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Those PMM QD's appear functional, I will be ordering a set next week. It is a shame that whenever someone posts a review the MODS delete the thread.
Perhaps, a review without a link to their website will pass mustard with FNF's policies. No Ticky, No Laundry.
just got an email from PMM about a discrepancy in the size of the bore of the QD slot.. says they had problems fitting an MS4 sling into the QD slot so he is running a 2nd production with an additional .005" milled out of the QD bore.. but if you are unhappy with the first production he will send you a replacement set.. will have to test mine out first..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
just got an email from PMM about a discrepancy in the size of the bore of the QD slot.. says they had problems fitting an MS4 sling into the QD slot so he is running a 2nd production with an additional .005" milled out of the QD bore.. but if you are unhappy with the first production he will send you a replacement set.. will have to test mine out first..
Keep us posted.

I am running the BFG SOC-C Sling. It is great that the PMM QD's mount to the existing mounting points.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
THese on the rifle, holding up my single/double changeable bozeman sling.

550ScarStrap.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,516 Posts
Here's my 16 with GG&G QD adapters front and rear. Sling is LaRue/VTAC. My 17 will be set up the same way when she arrives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
just got my PMM QD SCAR mounts and I like em a lot.. great design and works and looks great.. shouldve come like that from the factory...

Wow, those look like exactly what I have been looking for. I have only had my scar a short time so no sling for it yet. I have decided on the sling, BFG, just not how I would attach, but that looks really good. I would be intersted to know how they hold up with the weight, movement etc. Could you possibly pm or e-mail a link as to where to get more info & possibly order.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
My PMM beta test set is working well. I don't think I'll stay with a front and rear QD setup but for those who want to I think you'll like them.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
I really like this product. Might have to take the plung and pick up the PMM mounts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts