FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 22" SLP 1 and of course it is capable of holding 8 rounds so therefore a dreaded "assault weapon" in the Emperor's State. Any one know what would be involved in changing the magazine tube out for one from the 18" barrel gun? Even to swap out parts from a Browning or Winchester to permanently alter it. I don't want to either sell it or register it and we can't move to Free America for a couple of years.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 22" SLP 1 and of course it is capable of holding 8 rounds so therefore a dreaded "assault weapon" in the Emperor's State. Any one know what would be involved in changing the magazine tube out for one from the 18" barrel gun? Even to swap out parts from a Browning or Winchester to permanently alter it. I don't want to either sell it or register it and we can't move to Free America for a couple of years.
I feel your pain,,I live in the Grand kingdom myself ! Call these guys, they are awesome,,just switch out the factory tube for the correct one and you will be safe !
Nordic Components Shotgun Extension Tube Kit, 12ga. EXT- Prefix | Nordic Components Retail It shouldn't be a big issue,,unscrew the old,install the new & your GTG !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I already have a Wilson Combat shell follower in it that limits it to 7 rounds but don't know if that would be considered a permanent fix. I really have been toying with the idea turning it into a a turkey gun so I would be limited to five rounds any way.

Take it you are an M1A guy. I have a stainless loaded, but that is another story. I can live without an AR but I love me some M1A.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks. I already have a Wilson Combat shell follower in it that limits it to 7 rounds but don't know if that would be considered a permanent fix. I really have been toying with the idea turning it into a a turkey gun so I would be limited to five rounds any way.

Take it you are an M1A guy. I have a stainless loaded, but that is another story. I can live without an AR but I love me some M1A.
Thanks,,,yea M1a's 1st & formost !! Like ya say,another area ! I would say any tube would be fine,,I mean "any" Semi shotgun is NOT perm with any tube that comes on them. I put a +3 on my CZ semi for 7 total & I am not worried about it ! I say you will be fine,but double check for piece of mind.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Not a big hunter here but I thought we were only allowed 3 rounds (one in the pipe and 2 in the magazine, with a spacer plug) when bird hunting or is that just for waterfowl ?

Thx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went ahead and did swap magazine tubes and it was pretty simple. I ordered the standard magazine tube for a Winchester Super X2 from GunParts Corp. It was about $40. Heated the 8 shot tube to defeat LockTite. Turned it out with a strap wrench. Didnt take alot of heat or time. Every thing fit and works fine. Since I am going to use it for turkey hunting the 5 rounds is fine. It is probably a more useful shotgun now. Sure is lighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts