FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering getting a FN SLP or SLP Tactical to augment my FNP9. I like the idea of the 22" barrel on the tactical option, but I also like the traditional (non-pistol grip) stock. Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know some rough prices/ MSRP for both?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
My theory for a self-defense shotgun is, shorter the barrel, the better for close quarters (without short-barreling it-so 18" or so is good). I like the pistol grip. The are steady and if you need the weapon raised for extended periods, it helps some.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
djv38 said:
My theory for a self-defense shotgun is, shorter the barrel, the better for close quarters (without short-barreling it-so 18" or so is good). I like the pistol grip. The are steady and if you need the weapon raised for extended periods, it helps some.
Pistol grip shotguns are nice IF it also has a stock. A pure pistol grip shotgun is punishing to shoot ore than a few times.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I think I've decided on the regular SLP model with the 18" barrel and regular stock. Now to find one under $900 in stock somewhere...

I'm also debating a .45 handgun to add to the collection before that day in January that's coming up too rapidly. I'm considering the FNP45, but I also love the 1911s, so I'm looking at the Springfield Armory Operator model.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
ShipWreck said:
djv38 said:
Pistol grip shotguns are nice IF it also has a stock. A pure pistol grip shotgun is punishing to shoot ore than a few times.
I know. I meant pistol grip with a stock (even if collapsable). I don't think I would ever fire a shotgun without a stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts