FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Called FN and spoke with Bob Ailes and he informed me that there isn't another stock that is interchangeable with the SLP. He also went to say that they are inquiring with the European stock maker to see if they will have one.

So the only options at this time would be to cut down the factory plastic. Ned Christenson did this with a Benelli stock. Or get a wood stock from Winchester for the SX2 and have that cut down.

Currently have an inquiry into Winchester.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cool thanks Echo. Im guessing since there are no after market stocks available there wouldnt be any recoil pads available either?

I was thinking something like this would work on the SLP factory stock http://www.limbsaver.com/Products/Firearms/Grind.aspx

But then again, the recoil isnt bad at all....

I was hoping FN Herstal would start coming out with accesories for the SLP this year, I guess only time will tell..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Limbsaver on my 870, and it doesn't seem to be enough different to make much difference on my SLP.

My wife can handle my SLPs recoil just fine. The only problem she has is the length of pull is too long. So I'm trying to find a way to get a shorter stock for the wife. Recoil is not an issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
jnewell said:
Funny the recoil pad question should come up - it is possible that the Limbsaver for the Browning Gold synthetic may fit. I was going to check the dimensions on the template on the SVL website against the actual pad tonight. I'll post here if I get that done.
Cool, let us know. :?

·
Registered
5 Posts
An encouraging email from Knoxx/Blackhawk:

Thank you for contacting BLACKHAWK!

Currently we do not offer the Comp Stock or any Knoxx stock for any auto loading shotguns.

We may have a system in the early part of 2009 that will work with your weapon.

Please keep checking our website for product updates.

Thank you for your interest in our product.

Diane Sheppard
Territory Sales Representative

BLACKHAWK!
6160 Commander Pkwy
Norfolk, VA 23502 U.S.A.
Phone: 757-436-3101 ext: 3279
Fax: 888-830-2013
Email: [email protected]hawk.com
Web: www.blackhawk.com
Then again, Knoxx has been claiming that they will have a stock for autoloaders for years... we'll see.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
870 stocks can be made to fit an SLP. If you are wanting a shorter length stock, 13" is about as short as you can go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts