FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered I am new to this site. I am looking for manufactures that make a pistol grip stock for the SLP's. I have searched for quite some time and even called FN (which they never responded) and still can not find one. Truthfully what I am looking for is a retractable like those that were on our Beneli's but will settle for a fixed. Any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
57 Posts
You should be able to get the factory one (from the tactical) without too much effort I would think. Its fixed though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sad to say, but FNH will not sell you the stock. They told me that I could sell my SLP Mk1 and buy a new one with a pistol grip. I asked if I could send it to them and pay to have the pistol grip installed. Answer was still a NO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing. I recently picked up the FN SLP Mark I Tactical because I wanted a pistol grip, but the LOP is too long, even with the shortest recoil pad installed. I was thinking about getting the FN SLP Mark I with the regular stock, and would ideally like to get the Mako/FAB Defense M4 Style collapsible buttstock for it, but I'm not sure that it would fit. Any recommendations on an aftermarket option would be appreciated. I'm starting to conclude that no such option exists though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can retrofit a Speedfeed IV-S to the SLP. I did that for my torn rotator and it's happier with it. I also wanted a shorter LOP so mine is at about 12 3/4-13" and I could have gone to about 12 but the recoil spring assembly would have been living into the recoil pad. Go dig here as someone posted directions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see that FN now offers the tactical grip and butt stock kit on their website. Although it is $155, you can get it at Cheaper than Dirt for ~$125. I have waited a long time for this upgrade.

From my previous post above, the girl in customer service at the time told me that my only option was to sell mine and buy a new gun with the tactical grip already installed. Nice of FN to finally offer me the option I was looking for 2 years ago.

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is my SLP with a modded Speedfeed IV-S for a Remington 870/1100. It works well and feel much better than the factory stock. I did this years ago before FNH had there own pistol grip stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see that FN now offers the tactical grip and butt stock kit on their website. Although it is $155, you can get it at Cheaper than Dirt for ~$125. I have waited a long time for this upgrade.

From my previous post above, the girl in customer service at the time told me that my only option was to sell mine and buy a new gun with the tactical grip already installed. Nice of FN to finally offer me the option I was looking for 2 years ago.
Nice to hear that you got your problem solved finally. I have been in same situation and took option 1 at that time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried to order from CTD a few months ago, then a few days later they informed me that the item was out of stock and no back order was possible. Still waiting and hoping to get the pistol grip stock sometime this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody got any of the replaceable recoil pads that fit on the pistol grip stock? I bought my SLP used, and only got the thinnest recoil pad. I have a screw in my shoulder right where the butt goes, so this thing hurts like HELL with this minimal padding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts