FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. First post here but been reading for a while now. I am going to be picking up my first FNX 40 when I get back home in a few weeks. I am out of town. There is a shop near where I'm at now that has a huge holster selection. I am a small male weighing only 125-130 lbs. I am looking for a Tuckable iwb that will accommodate the FNX on my small frame. Right now I am liking the Crossbreed SuperTuck. Also like the Galco King Tuc. Any thoughts or other suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Alien gear. They are a sponsor here.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Foxx holsters (not sure if they offer them for FN's though). The Alien Gear will work, but IMO you'll need to do some work on it to get it to work as good as the Crossbreed.

I have an Alien Gear for my Dan Wesson CCO, Foxx for my SIG P938, and Crossbreed for my FNP-9. The Crossbreed is horse hide, and my big complaint of it is that it is very squeaky. The Foxx so far has not been (natural cow hide). The Foxx has thicker leather too (not necessarily a good thing IMO). The Alien Gear is a 'modular holster' meaning you can change out the shells and how close the clips are to the leather. The leather is the same thickness as the Foxx holster, and the kydex is much thicker than either of the other two. It also is not flexible and presents a pretty large flat spot and sticks out slightly further compared to the other two. To get it to conceal well, you'll need to trim the kydex up and heat it up and bend it to conform to your body better so that it will conceal better. Today, I noticed mine was squeaking a little, but no where near what the Crossbreed does (I added the fuzzy side of velcro on the clips which helps decrease or stop most of the squeaking)

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Welcome to the forum; may I also suggest you reach out to one of our forum sponsors, Alien Gear Holsters & I bet they can take real good care of you! Good luck & again welcome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys. Looking forward to getting my FNX in a couple weeks. I have been a fan of FNH pistols for awhile, just never pulled the trigger cause money was tight and always found higher priorities. I am still leaning toward crossbreed, but I will definitely look into alien gear. Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That N82 Pro looks interesting. I have a couple other super tucks and I really like them, but i have not yet iwb'd a pistol as large as the FNX. That's why I was looking for suggestions since I am 6' 2" but only about 130 lbs. I like the single clip on the N82. That has been one of the few things I wished was different on the crossbreed. On a smaller pistol a single clip is nice, but on a larger gun like the FNX, I would be worried about it not being as secure as a double clip like the crossbreed. Any thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts