Local range had an S&W day
seemed like a good deal with the 50 reabate and 2 free mags

·
Registered
857 Posts
Their tatical AR15 is built by Stag Arms
you can save money and get the same quality by getting a stag

I test fired the M&P .40 - did not fall in love with it but it seemed ok
With the $50 rebate, 2 free mags, free hat, and the discounted price from the store, the deal was difficult to pass up.

I'll have to use it several times before i make up my mind.
One thing for sure, every time i pick up a plastic gun, I am liking my 1911 more and more

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is whats said all the time. But only part of it is STAG.

Actually, someone on AR15 added up the cost of the whole thing earlier this year - part by part - with the fold down sights and all the other stuff. Its actually not a bad deal. AND ya get S&W customer service.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Stag does have a similar model with the fold down sights you may want to look at that. They did have the smith at the range yesterday - it does look very nice.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I have seen the Stag model.

I gave up wanting an AR, though.... That's why I am just getting the CX4 soon (as soon as I find a good deal).

Back when I was going to buy my PS90 - before I got to try one out - it was between the S&W Tactical Ar15 and the PS90. But, after getting a chance to shoot two PS90s... I went with that :?

·
Registered
857 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Yea, I have seen the Stag model.

I gave up wanting an AR, though.... That's why I am just getting the CX4 soon (as soon as I find a good deal).

Back when I was going to buy my PS90 - before I got to try one out - it was between the S&W Tactical Ar15 and the PS90. But, after getting a chance to shoot two PS90s... I went with that :?
I remember a time you were pissing on the cx4 :?
You will love it! My prediction in a year you will love your AR also. :D
I.m not putting you down, hope you don't take it that way. We are all entitled to change our minds, I know I do it all the time. Just glad to have you join the cx4 family! :shock:

Past Ship quotes:
---------------------------------------
"As for the CX4 Storm - I really don't like it enough, and I don't want 2 rifles with heavy triggers. Plus, the ammo range isn't as long as the PS90."

"... the Storm wouldn't be different enough range wise to shoot. I would want something that goes out further than my PS90 ... "

"The Storm isn't different enough from the PS90 (range and trigger wise) to make me buy it. Most people just have a red dot optic on it - My point was that I didn't want just another rifle setup with another eotech or red dot to shoot at the same distances that I shoot the PS90. "

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I never "pissed" on it. I've just gone back and forth on it. Actually, during my PS90 decision, it was between the PS90, the Tac Ar and a Storm. I was debating if I wanted tos pend so much on the PS90, or spend 1/2 and get a CX4 outfitted pretty nicely.

I have rented one 2x. But, it's hard to get a judge on it using peep sights at an dark indoor range.

My local shop that rents the Storm would sell a lot more if they put a simple BSA scope on the thing.

I'd like 1 more rifle. But, never being a rifle guy before the PS90 - I'm not real keep on the ergonomics of regular rifles. I like the PS90 ergonomics so much. But, the storm is nice and light. And no gas system to deal with (messy cleaning) like the Ars...

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I haven't had a chance to shoot a M&P yet, but there sure are a lot of people talking about them. What makes them so popular?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
I haven't had a chance to shoot a M&P yet, but there sure are a lot of people talking about them. What makes them so popular?
Not sure, I shot a few rounds at the S&W demo day before i made purchase. It seemed like a well built pistol, had mild recoil for a .40, fits your hand well due to the replaceable grips. Nothing really jumped up and said "wow", but it seemed like a decent quality gun at a good price with the rebate and free mags so I bought one.
Most people that have them say they are reliable and easy to shoot.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Picked up my M&P .40 last week and took it to the range yesterday.
I put on a lasermax red laser on the rail. Wow this is a fantastic gun, very little recoil with the .40. Target acquisition with the laser and low recoil is very fast round to round.

I now understand what makes these great guns. i am really looking forward to taking it out to the range again. It's just a really nice gun to shoot.

For a gun I bought on a whim, I am very happy. Now I just need to wait for the rebate and 2 free mags.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts