FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Everyone,

I must share my joy with you guys. I am the head of a single income family with three kids working on a limited budget. I had to really do some micro management to get my PS90 and optics for it as once I cross the $1,000 mark, its hard for me to accumulate those "slush" funds. Often when I am able to squirrel away money it gets spend around the $700 range on a nice handgun or something of that nature.

Well a few weeks ago I seen a thread where a vendor got in a few black FS2000s and had 60 layaway as an option. I jumped on it and things have been going my way and I look to take possession next week sometime. I am very excited!!

Now optics, I am thinking I need to start saving for a ACOG. I have always wanted one and the FS2000 seems like a good candidate. I just wanted to share b/c I am very excited. The FN PS90 and FS2000 are nearly in the "dream gun" category for me along with my holy grail (Styer Aug)

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Well, congrats. That is how I felt about the PS90 - It was outta my price range for quite some times until I finally decided to sell my telescope to pay for 1/2.

As for the ACOG. Wow, those are pricey. The Eotech was all I could afford - and as it turns out, I am glad I bought it. But, good luck and hope to see U posting a pic of it soon!

·
Registered
55 Posts
BadGuy,

Congradulations on putting your priorities first (family) and being able to get the wonderful fs2000! You won't regret getting it. Keep us up to date with some pics. of it when you get it.

:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will defiantly be sharing photos. Shipwreck, I defiantly like Eotechs as well. I have one on one of my M4 builds and love it. I just don't like duplicating my equipment as I like to try different things out.

Anyone have any other suggestions for possible optics on this one besides the ACOG?? I have an Eotech and a Trijicon Tri Power so those two are out. I don't really care for Aimpoint, so those are out as well. But as far as other possibilities, I am open.

·
Registered
133 Posts
How about one of these little micro red-dots? I have not shot it yet, but I thought it looked cute...Also, that is an urban ERT sling...I have tried mine with an eotech, and really liked it. I am going to put my ACOG on it in the near future as well. I am still trying to determine what optic to get.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Health,

Is that the Diocter or another mini red dot. I saw one at Sportsmans Guide I was hoping to get some info. on.

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting a 4x32 ACOG. I posted a photo in another thread and I am very happy with the decision so far :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Badguy,

Tell me about your ACOG. What power? What reticle? I'm looking at the 4X32 Trijicon but don't know if the short (1.5") eye relief will work out OK ergonomically with the 2000's top rail. Please let me know, I pick-up my black 2000 on Tuesday and I got a kilobuck burning a hole in my pocket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the 4x32 w/red chevron and I love it. Eye relief is not an issue. I put it forward enough so I can fling open the inspection hatch and not have it come in contact with the scope. Here is a photo:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually manufactured a mount using a Trijicon ARMS mount and a mount that a member here made for compact ACOGS, MSW100 or something like that :lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Kendal:
It's a tasco optima 2000, I got it very cheap used--just needed a battery. I have seen them selling on ebay for around 120-150. Real similar to all the other ones out there.

FATRATTMATT--I have the same ACOG, and I was originally VERY concerned with the limited eye relief. SO much so that I tried to sell it before I used it. Well, the selling wasn't happening and I needed an optic for shooting one day and tried it out and was hooked. I shoot both eyes open and have no problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts