FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little tainted by $5 flash hiders for ARs, so all of the $150 dollar PS90 options were a little hard to swallow. Then I started to wonder if a Gemtech Halo would fit on any of the available PS90 flash hiders, and that took me to Vltor's web page. It would seem that Vltor is blowing out all of their PS90 flashiders at about $40.

If you can stand the fact that it's not a proper FN PS90 flash hider, you'll knock about $100 off of the cost of your SBR project. Vltor in my experience is pretty high quality kit; I am, as the Brits would say, 'chuffed'.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was looking for that 6 months ago when I SBR'd mine, but of course they were not on the website then. :p I got two OEM Gen 2 for $135 a piece, and that was a discount price. :p

Reactions: Kakashi66218

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the current (I think it's current) flash hider better, but I don't know if the Halo will fit... I didn't want to gamble the extra $100 to have it not work. In general, I'm a bit of a 'stock nazi' (or factory configuration nazi, anyway), but I think I'll get over it in this case.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Negative. Top one is actually for a FS2000. P90 Gen2 has same profile, but is shorter. Bottom one is P90 Gen1 (same as on Stargate SG-1 P90s).

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
848 Posts
Top one looks to be a bayonet mount, any word on this? It's reminiscent to the sa80/L85 flashhider, I guessing so its possible I am 100% wrong.

What's the thread profile?

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
228 Posts
Barrel&Flash1.png

Here is a photo of my two TROS-cut barrels with the FN P90 Gen2 flash hiders for reference. Notice how different they are, while still looking similar to the one above which is a FS2000 flash hider.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts