FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Russian-born fiance is 23 years-old, 5'3 tall, 120 lbs - easy target, right? So this guy asks her for directions to get close then grabbed her upper arm and told her to give him her backpack. Guess what, she's a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. She broke the guys arm and kneed him in the balls so hard he passed out. I'm so proud!

Get your daughters in some kind of martial arts/self defense class if they wont carry guns, please!

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Great ending to the situation.... only thing sweeter would be 2 to the chest & 1 to the head as he is laying on the ground while his nuts swell up ! ( well a little extreme maybe....? )
Isshin-ryu karate works also... my daughters trained for several years w/my friend ( 5th Dan ) when they were younger, back in Jr High they mixed it up with boys on several different occasions, I got a chuckle out of the boy's ... MOM's calling our house and asking what is " wrong " with our daughters !!! In fact I still get chuckle today.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:-x That will teach him! He should be great full she wasn't conceal carry.
Right, that was my thought... unfortunately she was raised by anti-gun parents... I've been working on showing her the truth, in fact maybe I have been a little too successful - now she wants me to get a Tavor. I really didn't need the extra encouragement, but getting the green light from my significant other is obviously a big deal!

She has a nasty bruise on her arm where he grabbed her, but otherwise she is in high spirits. I was worried it would have a bad psychological effect, but she has taken it well. For some reason she doesn't want to tell her mom. I think it would be good to let her parents know that their dedication both financially and through emotional encouragement to her personal defense training paid off big time. I'm sure she'll tell them at some point. Anyway, thanks for the support everyone!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Glad to hear she's ok. That's one badass woman you've got there. I also live in Raleigh, what part of the city did it take place?
Thanks! She was leaving her friend's house, walking to her car when it happened. Her friend lives on Lead Mine Rd. in North-Western Raleigh.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Great ending to the situation.... only thing sweeter would be 2 to the chest & 1 to the head as he is laying on the ground while his nuts swell up ! ( well a little extreme maybe....? )
Isshin-ryu karate works also... my daughters trained for several years w/my friend ( 5th Dan ) when they were younger, back in Jr High they mixed it up with boys on several different occasions, I got a chuckle out of the boy's ... MOM's calling our house and asking what is " wrong " with our daughters !!! In fact I still get chuckle today.
Isshinryu! I thought I was the only one who knew what Isshinryu Karate was. I've never heard of anyone else mention Isshinryu. My sister used to take dance/ballet lessons and above the dance studio(Attic kinda) was isshinryu martial arts. Both classes were at the same time and day of the week so my mother enrolled me so she could have at least one hour of peace and quite a week. I studied for about five years......I'll never forget "Master Ken" who looked and dressed like David Hasselhoff from Knight Rider.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Excellent story! Thanks for sharing!

Don't give up on showing her the truth about firearms.
Though she is very skilled at unarmed defense, you can never be too prepared.
Having a CCW and the skill to use that too becomes indispensable if she is somehow in anyway put into a situation in which she could not use her martial arts skills

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Good that she can and did defend herself.

To the comment about ending it with a bullet, clearly it wasn't necessary, and opens up possible legal issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts