1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
i told myself i was done with exorbitantly priced rifles ..... :oops:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I saw a F2000 at the FN booth at the SAR (Small Arms Review) show in Vegas. It had the optic and it didn't seem that special. One friend described it as an Aimpoint with a large plastic housing and that seemed about right.

Hopefully, they have improved the optic on this version...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Is there any more info. on this? I am looking at buying an FS2000, and if it's a good optic, I'd definitely consider it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
well do you like the steyr aug optic? its sort of similar

its pretty similar with a narrow field of view
if its the same thing as the real optic on the f2000, its 1.6x

dont bother imo

aimpoint m2/m3 is as good or better

·
Registered
320 Posts
Adosh said:
well do you like the steyr aug optic? its sort of similar

its pretty similar with a narrow field of view
if its the same thing as the real optic on the f2000, its 1.6x

dont bother imo

aimpoint m2/m3 is as good or better
I never had the opportunity to try (even see one in person) the Aug, and my PS90 has the tri-rail. Now that I have the tri-rail, and have had multiple optics on it, I kind of wish that I just went with the stock reticle. I guess I will have to see if Tanners has any in stock.

·
Administrator
11,755 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I saw this question come up on Ar15 - To my knowledge, this hadn'tc ome out yet.
I fired off an email to the seller at GB. This is the response that I got. Thought that I would share it with you.

"We were told by our FNH rep that a few were released from a military over
run.
It is not an after market sight, and was recieved from FNH.
Unknown if or when we might get additional units

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (Name deleted for safety purposes)
Oklahoma Public Safety
5308 E. Admiral Pl.
Tulsa. Ok. 74115 "

So enjoy it if you choose to buy it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
FNMAN's latest Q&A session reveals that the FS2000 Standard is now available.

The only pic of the reticle I could find is for the F2000 optic:

Bob Ailes mentioned that the FS2000 Standard reticle might have been modified.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No, the FS2000 Standard was already available at the time. I guess the seller assumed it was a military overrun. FNMAN confirmed the FS2000 Standards were already available in December 2007.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everybody. I'm new hear and this is my first posting. I buying an FS2000 Standard tomorrow from a major FN dealer. I have heard nothing to indicate that the rifles themselves were originally built for a military contract. Perhaps the optics themselves were but I doubt it. The Standard does not have a Picatinny rail mount like the Tactical. From what I was told by the dealer and Mike at FNH USA, the Standard has a proprietary mount, exclusively for the FN made optic. I have to admit I have not seen a Standard in person, but it just looks SO FREAKIN' COOL! When I was a kid, I remember thinking, hoping, praying that someday in the future, I could have some super modern weapon like in Aliens Looks like the future is here. I hope its worth it 'cause I just sold both of my beloved AR's! 8)

·
Registered
857 Posts
metroplex said:
FNMAN's latest Q&A session reveals that the FS2000 Standard is now available.

The only pic of the reticle I could find is for the F2000 optic:

Bob Ailes mentioned that the FS2000 Standard reticle might have been modified.
Looks as crappy as tehe PS90 sight - I think people are better off without the factory sight

·
Registered
7 Posts
Perhaps, but there is something to say about not having to worry about batteries. Besides that, I'm a junkie for aesthetics. IMHO, the FS2000 Standard/F2000 is the most visually appealing weapon in its class.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw one yesterday at the National Gun Day show in Louisville. Hard to tell much about optics in a big hall like that, but I thought I would prefer another optic. It wasn't terrible, but I was not tremendously impressed.

Aesthetically, it did look like it belonged on the cover of a sci fi, space opera paper-back.

I may not be giving it a fair review, but those were my impressions.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts