FN Herstal Firearms banner

SOCOM762-RC2 vs Sandman S

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tlxiong82 
#1 ·
I’m ready to purchase two suppressors and have narrowed it down to the Surefire (SF) SOCOM762-RC2 and Dead Air (DA) Sandman S. I could buy one of each but I like the redundancy of getting two of the same. Anyone have both of these? Which do you like better on the SCAR 17S?

I’ve been firing my 13” and 16” SCAR 17S without suppressors but want to lessen the blast effect for when shooting with friends. Noise reduction isn’t a huge concern in my case as my friends shoot supers thus requiring earpro. Regardless, the SCAR is far from quietest host to start with so I have realistic expectations of sound suppression performance.

I have two 30cal SiCo Omegas with DA KeyMo QD adapters that I use for 300BO, 556, and 30cal bolt actions. All my non-FN centerfire rifles have DA muzzle devices for interchangeability of the Omegas. I’ve been very happy with the Omegas and love the DA QD mounts, particularly for under the rail suppressor setups. Due to the blowback issue with Omegas, I haven’t been using them on my SCARs.

Is blowback the same for Sandman S and RC2? I like the idea of being able to use the Sandman S on my other rifles with DA muzzle devices. I guess I’m leaning towards the Sandman S but everything I’ve researched says the RC2 is the better SCAR match. Cost is not a concern. Thoughts?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.