FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like that guy, Jeff Z who should have read more of the rules before posting on the "Modifications" board. :cool:

I thought I would take a second and formally introduce myself. My name is Jeff Zimba and as well as wearing the hat of Production Manager and Art Director for Small Arms Review Magazine I am a licensed Title II Manufacturer (07/SOT) and specialize in Research & Development and Testing & Evaluation for military firearm manufacturers. I absolutely love my job.

When I get a little "free time" I do some side work as a Registered Master Maine Guide, Commercial Boat Operator and Tidal Water Fishing Captain. "free time" doesn't come around often enough.

Although I have been "in the biz" for around 20 years, I am completely new to the FN family of firearms and that is why I started poking around here. I'll be asking plenty of questions in that area and in return, if I can help with anything in my area of work, I am happy to reciprocate.

The site is nice and some of the members (including admin folk) are OK by me. Thanks for letting me join and look around a little.

Jeff Z :)

·
Vendor
5,594 Posts
:shock: Welcome Jeff! Sounds like you got a great job!!! Hope we can answer any questions you may have on the PS90 and FiveseveN family.
Glad you decided to stay! :?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome Again 8)

Look forward to some discussion with you in the FN Military Weapons & NFA forum sections.

I'll have to let you know next time I go downeast for a visit, maybe we can meet up while i'm passing thru.
BTW, Columbia Falls is the place I was trying to think of when we were talking the other day, that being the OTH location. Also worked in Corea, Winter Harbor, & Rangeley, I really miss Maine..........

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Looks like we may be asking the questions :shock:

Honored to have you aboard - and as I promised - I will buy you a beer at the show (or after) which I'm definitely looking forward to.

I will be there with some folks from Mars Armamament and SpecializedArmamament.

See you there Chief!

-TH

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Nice to have you here Jeff. I enjoy you magazine also. I look forward to your posts!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome all!

If I were a "betting man" I would expect to see a little more 5.7 info in future issues of SAR. :?

We did do a major piece on the P90 when it first came out. Centerspread and all. I'll have to look it up in the index to share it with everyone. It was a nice piece that Dan did.

Jeff Z

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just spoke with Dan Shea who did the piece on the P90 when they were first introduced. When I told him some folks here and at FNForum wanted to know if I could digitize and upload the article he said "Hell yeah." :shock:

I need to relay it and redo some of the pics (to go from print size and format EPS files down to Jpegs or Tiffs to make a nice looking PDF) so it may take a little while but I will put up a link here when I get it done. :?

Jeff Z

1 - 10 of 10 Posts