FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazon had a pretty sweet deal on VZ Grips a couple days ago, so I finally ditched the rubber wrap around grips that I've had for nearly 20 years (at least on the 1991) and gave my Colts some new threads. They deserve it. I'm digging the texture.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Definitely nice choice of color. And good choice on the basic checkering too. I'm not all hip on the starburst, stippling, golf ball checkering, lizard skin and all that funky stuff.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Very nice!

Are they the slim grips or the standard?

I almost got another set for my DW CCO, but they didn't say if they were slim or not (I prefer slim, especially since I carry it)

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice!

Are they the slim grips or the standard?

I almost got another set for my DW CCO, but they didn't say if they were slim or not (I prefer slim, especially since I carry it)
I believe they are the Standard (packaging doesn't specify). Although they seem slim to me, as the old grips were pretty chunky. Plus it was nice to lose the finger grooves on the CCO.
New grips were one of those things that have been about midway on my to do list for years (and years), but always got bumped in lieu of something else. That sale finally stirred me to get off my wallet.

Reactions: djv38

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I believe they are the Standard (packaging doesn't specify). Although they seem slim to me, as the old grips were pretty chunky. Plus it was nice to lose the finger grooves on the CCO.
New grips were one of those things that have been about midway on my to do list for years (and years), but always got bumped in lieu of something else. That sale finally stirred me to get off my wallet.
If you didn't have to change the grip bushings, they're the standard size.

I'm assuming your Colts don't have any front strap checkering?

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Classy, me mucho gusta.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you didn't have to change the grip bushings, they're the standard size.

I'm assuming your Colts don't have any front strap checkering?
Standard it is, then . No, no checkering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts