FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Christmas My Nephew and I "Built" a AR in 22 and he was a very happy soon to be 12 year old boy.. He has a twin sister who up until she got a chance to shoot his rifle had not expressed an interest in shooting. After Seeing/Shooting her brothers rifle she was intrigued if not a a bit Jealous. So I decided to build her something for her birthday. She didn't want the same rifle as her brother (a twin thing I think) and my wife loves the MP5, so after a bit of Horse trading locally I had a GSG to start with. Her favorite color is Neon Green (she doesn't know that it is some kind call Zombie Green) After learningthe hard way that the stock is VERY susceptible to solvents here it is

Oh I wonder why they call Me Uncle Boom Boom?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Nicely done there "Uncle Boom Boom"! You have a lucky niece and nephew!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Wow! Awesome story and awesome rifle! You have to be the favorite Uncle in the family by far! Nice job and thanks for posting up the pic, it turned out really nice and I am sure she will love it!

·
Registered
604 Posts
You're the "cool" uncle, aren't you?

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're the "cool" uncle, aren't you?
You know it is funny , I am just trying to pass on one of the few sports I enjoy.. Not sure that makes me cool, although I will cop to liking their joy. With My nephew I built the rifle here in NH took it apart and shipped it to WV where they Live,, then he Built it, by doing so he gained an understanding of the rifle , pride in knowing he built it and has skin in the game to maintain it.
My Niece wont be getting that experience and I worry a little.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thats just awesome. Number one Uncle for sure! Don't forget about the NSSF. We are trying to get more young shooters involved, college scholarships, free range time, etc. Call the local rep where they live I'd imagine there are lots of youth programs for free at Gun Clubs.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Cool!!!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Good job, that's one lucky niece you got there....really nice thing to do for her. I somehow bet that she'll keep that gun til the day she dies. That's more than just a gift, or a gun, that's a memory. She will tell people how she acquired it for years to come. Way to go Uncle Boom Boom, you did good !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts