FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
THat sounds pretty fishy to me.

1. FN has a good customer feedback record. Yeah - there's the odd straggler here and there - but show me 100% satisfaction record and I'll sell you a bridge.

2. I find it highly unlikely that someone would put the rifle together and NTO notice that the trigger is basically flopping back and forth. FIRST thing I do after assembly is dry fire it to make sure the weapon is operable.

-TH

·
Registered
76 Posts
Seems a little fishy to me too.

I didn't see a response to why he disassembled it at the range anyway.

Personally, outside of a little oil or clearing a stuck casing, I don't disassemble my weapons at the range. I'll wait until I get home were I know I can contain the parts, have the proper tools, light, etc. The only case I would consider going further would be if a live round was stuck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
GunNut said:
Seems a little fishy to me too.

I didn't see a response to why he disassembled it at the range anyway.

Personally, outside of a little oil or clearing a stuck casing, I don't disassemble my weapons at the range. I'll wait until I get home were I know I can contain the parts, have the proper tools, light, etc. The only case I would consider going further would be if a live round was stuck.
well in his defense, i own a range, and we do have 3 small cleaning stalls for guys to sit and clean after shooting. Ive picked up more than a few spare parts from those stalls....however, the guys always call back for them.

·
Banned
83 Posts
The guy's partially right. FN is trying to control any bad press in the future. I am an armorer and some items are only available if the weapon is sent in, or purchased by a documented entity.
Musta been a hot day at range for the fellow to forget half his weapon! :-? Even if he has never been in the military, the manual states that a function check is supposed to be performed after reassembly! May sound dumb, but read the book before you shoot! On my patrol this guy would run point! 8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maby I just missed it but did he ever say anything about just calling the range and asking someone if they picked it up off the table. because a part like that, not likely any customer would steel it because it looks worthless but a employee would cirtanly save it because it is obviously a part to a gun and the owner would want it back.
Yes, sounds very fishy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No he didn't. Let's face it, shooters usually try and do right by other shooters. Many people have left stuff at a range only to get a call buy someone letting know they have it and are holding it for them. Or a note is posted on a bulletin board. I had a very nice talk with Bob today and I stand by my assumption or accusations I originally posted on Arfcom.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Perhaps I just read these things differently.

It seems to me that if a part is legal, than regardless of my reason, sell me the part.

If I want 10 and they are available and I can afford them, who is F.N. to decide that my reason is good enough.

Why would anyone assume that I am more likely to commit an illegal act with the second (or the tenth), than I am with the original that come with the rifle.

Here is a thought, sometimes I buy spare parts JUST to have them on hand. Think not, than where did the countless millions of spare Garand and M-14 parts go. There are not enough rifles of those types to break all of those parts in a hundred generations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe a point being missed is that on many weapons the trigger pack or in this case called the hammer pack is the registered NFA item.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not to start an argument, but you are not correct.

The "FIREARM" is the receiver.

If it were otherwise than the subject part would REQUIRE a serial number.

A Hammer pack in an F.N. is no different legally than the trigger and hammer parts of any other firearm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
banger said:

A Hammer pack in an F.N. is no different legally than the trigger and hammer parts of any other firearm.
guess someone should tell this to the guys buying the registered full auto HK trigger packs, or the little piece that is registered to make a M1 carbine and M2, oh yea, the little piece of metal called a drop in auto sear for the AR15. I guess I am wrong. Sorry, my mistake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry UPSguy, You're WRONG.

While your statement might be true for M-2 parts and such.

This does not apply to PS-90 or FS-2000 parts. They are not NFA weapons. If they were than the general population sales would land MANY F.N employees in jail.

Do you know what rifle we are talking about?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually I do indeed know exactly what weapon we are talking about. After my phone conversation with Bob and a concern for being able to get parts I am buying 2 of them. That way when I leave the hammer pack at the range I'll still have one to shoot.

I'd say more right now but I am on my way out the door for work. You are correct though, the hammer pack of the FS2000 is not a serial #'d part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just registered to see what the deal/perspective from this board on this subject. Yes = I am the guy who lost the hammer group for the FS2000. :oops:

Mr. UPSguy has been trolling my thread over on AR15.com with his speculation/suggestions/guessing, going as far to claim he is calling Mr. Ailes at FN to discuss MY situation. :evil: makes me wonder what his motivation is... :roll: :roll: keep guessing :lol:

anyway - I can't get answer from FN on getting the rifle running - that is all I want to do... I will call again tomorrow...

there is more BS and false information about this whole subject than I ever thought possible - I suggest anyone interested read the thread on Ar15.com - I don't have time to repeat everything here.

·
Banned
83 Posts
UPSguy said:
banger said:

guess someone should tell this to the guys buying the registered full auto HK trigger packs, or the little piece that is registered to make a M1 carbine and M2, oh yea, the little piece of metal called a drop in auto sear for the AR15. I guess I am wrong. Sorry, my mistake.
Not trying to start a thing, but possession of all or most of the above and the weapon, even if not installed, construes an automatic weapon and in most cases a violation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
heron163 said:
Just registered to see what the deal/perspective from this board on this subject. Yes = I am the guy who lost the hammer group for the FS2000. :oops:

Mr. UPSguy has been trolling my thread over on AR15.com with his speculation/suggestions/guessing, going as far to claim he is calling Mr. Ailes at FN to discuss MY situation. :evil: makes me wonder what his motivation is... :roll: :roll: keep guessing :lol:

anyway - I can't get answer from FN on getting the rifle running - that is all I want to do... I will call again tomorrow...

there is more BS and false information about this whole subject than I ever thought possible - I suggest anyone interested read the thread on Ar15.com - I don't have time to repeat everything here.
I called Bob myself because I am an FS2000 owner and thought it was a no brainer to know if I can get spare parts for my rifle (I can, through Browning). Bob did say that someone emailed him the link to the ARF thread and followed up with a conversation, so I would not doubt UPSguy's story. Welcome to the forums, keep us posted on how this thing turns out for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you Bladesmith for verify that I emailed and called. Mr heron seems to think I am trolling his thread. That is not my intention. He seems to wonder why someone, in this case me, would call FN to get their side of the story. My intrest in this is this, plain and simple. If I need parts to fix my weapon, can I get them. It really is that simple. Now, truth be told, I do not believe that you left your hammer pack at the range after taking apart your FS2000 to clean it. I say that for 2 reasons. The hammer pack is a big hunk of white plastic, it really stands out. Second, I don't know anyone who field strips a weapon, whether to clean it or fix it that doens't check to make sure it works after putting it back together. That is just me. We can disagree about this point till we both get banned from the forum and it will do no one any good.

Some comments edited as this has nothing to do with Adco.

If I am not mistaken, Heron's story was first FN was not going to sell him a hammer pack, which later was they don't have any to sell. Originally, they were not going to sell the hammer pack because they didn't want people trying to make their extra hammer pack full auto. That could be sound business sense. Being that the FS2000 is not an American made weapon, FN had many more issues to contend with to get this weapon into the USA. Let's also not forget that the BATFE has been known to change their minds. A case we were discussing in the shop a couple of months ago was the gadget that let you hold down the trigger and the action would move back and forth in the stock and in doing so reset your trigger while you held it down. The BATFE approved this at first, a few of the locals had one on order. Then the BATFE changed their minds, it is now illegal. The original HKP2000 GPMs were imported into the country to later have the BATFE decide it was to easy on those models to modify the 10 round mag to hold more. They had to go back to Germany and came back with some changes as the P2000 US. If you want a HK 416 upper as a civilian, you have to pay out the nose because the BATFE has decided that the barrel is a machine gun part. Let's not forget that FN has already changed the hammer pack from the original models.

It is my personal belief, which means nothing, that from the original posters story on Arfcom that a big red flag went off with the folks at FN. Is that right or wrong on their part? That is for each individual person to decide for themselves but it is their business and they can do what they want. Many gunshops lie and tell someone their background check has been delayed if they feel funny about selling that person a weapon.

I hope Heron gets his weapon fixed. After my talk with Bob I feel confident in buying these.

Texfed, without going into tons of examples as I have talked way too much. If one does not own an AR15 for example, it is legal to own M16 trigger parts or a lightning link. If you have both the part and the weapon you are in trouble with out a stamp.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts