Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ouch....sorry to hear that....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Nothing even remotely like it allowed in IL. :roll:

I think the reason that a lot of people don't really take issue with these people carrying in the open is that most of the public associates open carry with law enforcement. I know if I saw some guy pushing a cart around with a gun on his hip, I'd just think he was an off duty cop... although I've lived in IL most of my life save for a year I spent in Houston. Needless to say, as one of only two states in the union that have no provision for carrying, I'm not accustomed to seeing armed citizens.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
although im not from ky and haved lived many different states and countries, i do see it quite often in ky

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I live in the same city as one of the guys the article mentions, and I've never seen these folks open carrying. Then again, maybe I have and am so conditioned to seeing stuff on people's belts that I don't even notice. My understanding is the guy has gotten complaints from the neighbors and of course he has had to deal with the police. To me it wouldn't be worth the trouble, but it's refreshing to see them exercising a constitutional right nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
wow no open carry in texas? its legal in pennsylvania but i dont see people doing it. i think in this common wealth you would have to proof your innocent in court and its possible they would pull your lic to carry and you would have to spend money in court to drop you did nothing wrong

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
agreeed....i oc on occasion and i even had an off duty leo stop me but he just wanted to check out what i was carrying....H&K .45 usp

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess im lucky since i live in ky

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tennessee's permit is a carry permit. You can carry open or concealed, your choice. But you must have the permit to carry either way.
(I choose concealed myself)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i guess im lucky since i live in ky
they made open carry legal after the movie Deliverance came out :lol: :lol: :lol:
*as i pick my self from falling off the chair* THAT IS HILARIOUS!

·
Registered
48 Posts
No... Deliverance was filmed in Arkansas. Daniel Boone was from Kentucky!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I thought that Daniel Boone was from born in PA, then headed to KY and ended up in Missouri.

Anyway I bet he open carried. LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts