FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was wondering if it is ok to sonic clean my fnx 45 tactical or parts of it. I have been watching tear down videos of the frame, which I do not have a tool small enough to take the safety off. It also seems like the extractor is easy for those in videos but not for me.

·
Premium Member
17,995 Posts
That says its only good for the metal parts of the gun, will it damage the polymer frame at all?
Gun Scrubber Synthetic Safe Cleaner cleans fast and will not harm firearm plastics, wood, laminates, composites, rubber grips or any other material used in the construction of today's firearms. Even camo finishes are completely safe when you choose Gun Scrubber "Synthetic Safe" Firearm Cleaner. 10 Oz.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yes, the Synthetic Gunscrubber is safe for "Plastic/Polymer but the Regular Gunscrubber can melt/warp some types of Plastic /Polymer!

Years ago after shooting my CZ 70 pistol I took the grips off and sprayed the metal but a drop hit a grip and it started smoking but I was next to a sink full of water and threw grip in there and later was able to use 0000 steel wool to smooth out rear edge of grip and all was fine, but saw pictures of somebody else with same gun who sprayed gun and did not take grips off and they bent/melted beyond use.

Reactions: Petermor

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
FYI!

There are some Guns which should never have any type of Scrubber/Cleaner used on them since it will remove the finish like when the Arsenal AK 107 first came out about 10 yrs. ago despite it saying only use "CLP" some used Srubbers/Cleaners to clean exterior and finish washed off!

Same with any AK's made by FEG both of these use original military finish! So CLP is best.

Frog Lube is about the worst to use on any gun since it will gum/lock up firing mechanisms among other things!

Reactions: Petermor
1 - 9 of 9 Posts