FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm not sure if this was the right place to post, but since it said "Welcome", I'll take that as a safe bet.
Since I live in California, I have to wait the dreaded 10 days waiting period. After reading through the forums, I figured it would be best to sign in to read and interact with fellow owners. Can't wait to go test it out.

·
Premium Member
9,484 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: AlphaBravo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
California has the 10 day waiting period, as well as a 30 day waiting period for purchasing another handgun.

On a another note, we are all graced with the limited 10 round magazine, instead of the obvious 20 round magazines...LoL

Damn California restrictions. I wanted to wait to buy the FiveseveN later, however California's DOJ website has it on the approved list til about April, so I said WTF and went out and purchased it.

·
Premium Member
9,484 Posts
California is a beautiful place. Those gun laws...well, not so much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone will rip about California gun laws, and they will have a valid argument. We have "bullet buttons" for our AR's and AK's, WTF. Not to mention the 10 round limit on rifles...Got to love California...LoL

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
That sucks. It's not like those laws stop hardcore thug criminals from having access to weapons/Hi cap mags. It only prohibits law abiding people from being able to be, well, American and free.

Congratulations on your Five-seveN. I hope you enjoy it thoroughly. :mrgreen: :arrow:

P.S. Is this your first FN?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree that the laws pertaining to law abiding citizens are a joke. However, its the people that adhere to the laws that differentiate us from the potential or current criminals. The restrictions are severe and subject to ridicule. But oh well, I love California, so that's the price I have to pay. I also have the FN TPS.

·
Premium Member
9,484 Posts
I agree that the laws pertaining to law abiding citizens are a joke. However, its the people that adhere to the laws that differentiate us from the potential or current criminals. The restrictions are severe and subject to ridicule. But oh well, I love California, so that's the price I have to pay. I also have the FN TPS.

I don't fault you at all. You do what you have to do to live where you want to live. The only opinion that matters is yours.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't complain, because 5 years ago. I was totally ignorant of California gun laws and never gave it a second thought. But just the fact that I can purchase it with the 10 round magazine, is better than nothing. Thanks again for all the welcomes.

·
Registered
469 Posts
You'll love your 57, but I would suggest to use only factory ammo-no reloads. I thought about moving to San Diego several years ago, but decided to stay here in Arizona and visit CA. Liberal state with crappy gun laws and tax structure. You can have it !

Welcome to the Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Gun laws are the number one reason I will never live in California, the potential for massive Earthquakes being number 2. But I love to visit Cali, and hopefully they will be required to recognize my CCW soon. I'd rather have my Taurus TCP than no gun at all.

·
Registered
787 Posts
At least it is a little quicker to buy a gun in Springfield than in California:

HOMER
Just give me my gun.
(He tries to take the gun.)

CLERK
I’m sorry, but the law requires a five-day waiting period. We’ve got to run a background check.

HOMER
Five days? But I’m mad now!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
At least it is a little quicker to buy a gun in Springfield than in California:

HOMER
Just give me my gun.
(He tries to take the gun.)

CLERK
I’m sorry, but the law requires a five-day waiting period. We’ve got to run a background check.

HOMER
Five days? But I’m mad now!
:-D

To the OP - Welcome to the FN Forum! Congrats on the new 5.7! :shock:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Oh... if you want to have some fun, go on almost any other gun forum and tell them you got a Five-seveN. Then get a bag of popcorn! :-o:-o:-o

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Oh... if you want to have some fun, go on almost any other gun forum and tell them you got a Five-seveN. Then get a bag of popcorn! :-o:-o:-o
Yep, several bags. :lol:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Exactly what I had in mind ... I'm just saving it for the right moment!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts