FN Herstal Firearms banner

soon-to-be new owner and thank you

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  nekrodev 
#1 ·
So, I should be picking up my shiny, new PS90 next Friday. I'm super stoked and mainly just wanted to say thanks for all the info on here, it's been a huge help. I've wanted a P90 forever because of Stargate SG-1, but I'm not really a huge gun nut, so I never bothered to see if there was a civilian version.

#9 ·
no joke. i had no idea how it compared to other stuff until i started looking. i went ahead and got 2 extra mags, so i'll be able to keep 150 ready at a time.

went ahead and got a box of SS195 and SS197, and two boxes of SS198LF. i saw mixed reviews everywhere on the American Eagle stuff, so I didn't cheap out with that, but I guess I could always just grab that for the range and then keep the green tips for when / if I need it.

#11 ·
overall, the show does a pretty good job on things like that, but it is still a made-for-tv sci-fi show, so it's not gonna get it all right lol

the worst thing for me is, before they get the P90s, they have instances where the characters are just waving around MP5s like you always see terrorists do w/ AKs in movies and games. that bothers me more than anything.

#12 ·
welp, purchase delayed. what was in stock a couple weeks ago has all disappeared, and every online shop i've looked at is out of stock or their website is broken. most of gunbroker's PS90s are like $1500+, and i don't like the idea of purchasing through that anyway.

#13 ·
Even after reading some things on here about the price of purchasing and converting versus building from scratch, I ended up buying an Effen90 receiver, SBR'ing it, and then have been ordering all the parts. Last thing that is left is the 'moving parts assembly' (bolt, action springs, guide rods, firing pin, extractor, ejector, etc.). I'll be able to come up with a total but I really don't think it's that bad...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.