FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with first hand knowledge tell me if the citizens of South Carolina can legally purchase a SBR? I've been researching this for a while now. I've been told SBRs are not legal, but my suppressor is. I don't want to spend money on one in the near future if I would have to sell it before a possible move. The most reliable internet source I've found says it is legal as long as the BATF approves my stamp just like a suppressor. The source states most people fall under South Carolina Law section 16-23-250.

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm not an attorney, so if you feel you need one...yes legal. It's a little confusing when you read the code, but I believe it says if you fall under one of the exceptions in section etc,. If you read section etc,. One having a stamp from the ATF is one of them. As Long as you comply with the law SC is a great place to be a gun enthusiast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: teamsuzukigsxr

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. My local dealer was told it was illegal by a doctor whom moved there. The doctor was told by a lawyer the SBR would be illegal. He ended up finding a legal way to keep it in WV thru his trust. Based on what I read, I thought it seemed legal to me. Now I might just go ahead and pick up an SBR sometime soon. I'll def. keep up on the laws there just in case anything changes.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the information. I fell in love with the Folly Beach area and the majority seem to have the same views I do on certain topics. I've been planning on moving there within the next few years. I really didn't want to leave an SBR behind or have to sell it. I'll just leave my items in the trust, notify the BATF and head south. The gun laws here are great and the majority of people are die hard pro gun. I will have to give up the open carry and access to many places to shoot, but I rarely open carry anyway. Only when going to the range and back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts