FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member. And a southpaw. Looking for a compact or subcompact that's lefty friendly which means at least the mag release and slide stop on the right side, and if there is a safety, also on the right side or center. Id prefer a subcompact but am also looking at compacts.

Im kind of narrowed down to:

FNS 9c - fully ambi
HK P2000 SK - subcompact, fully ambi w/both sides of the mag releases operational simultaneously as well (I actually prefer HKs mag release to button releases)
M&P 9C - fully ambi even on the ones w/manual safeties
Sig P320 SC - fully ambi though no external safety but heavy DAO
Sig P250 SC - much like the P320 but hammer

They all have their strong points. Probably use it as mostly a CCW gun. I shoot a 92A1 for home defense which is a terrific firearm, but with Streamlight and CT grips its a Clydesdale you dont wanna tote around kind of like a 1911.

Seems the FNS 9C and P320SC are tough to find at the moment at the local gun shops b/c they are so new (I do not buy firearms online). The FNS is probably the most left-handed friendly along with the HK. But like the M&P 9C its not a subcompact. All things being equal Id prefer subcompact which gives the HK the edge, but its also quite pricey. I realize there are subs 1/2 to 1/3 the price, but.....sorry, but I do not buy firearms that are left-hand intolerant. Will never own a Glock, et al. Great firearms, but the only vote I have to voice displeasure about the lack of left-hand friendly firearms is to vote with my wallet. One reason the FNS is definitely on my list.

Anyway. Just looking for some thoughts. I expect a lot of FNS votes, clearly. Thanks much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm a pure lefty....everything I do is left-handed or left sided. I have also turned into an FN whore because of the ambi controls. They just seem to work better than any other ambi firearm out there. I haven't got my hands on a compact yet but if it's anything like the rest of my FN stuff.....it's perfect for a lefty.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I'd go with the FNS 9c over the M&P personally. The P2000 if you want a hammer fired gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may end up ultimately getting both the 9mm FNS 9C and H&K P2000 SK. Just impossible to find locally so I may need to suck it up and order them online.

I have been able to find the SK online, but the FNS 9C has drawn nothing but tumbleweed. Anyone know who has them, or when they should be matriculating to dealers??

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
First off I am a lefty and I always look for ambidextrous firearms where the company cares for and understands that there are people who use their other hand to shoot with.

I love my FNS 4" and carry it everyday with Trijicon HD night sights and have had no issues except I am not a fan of the sights (factory or my new HD's). I used to shoot and carry all M&P's but recently switched back to FNH since the release of the striker fired models and the better factory triggers. I miss my M&P mods from APEX a little and due to the complexity of the fire control group even Apex announced they will have a hard time creating and fitting mods into the FNS line of pistols.

The P320 is a striker fired pistol, same frame as the P250 externally. I loved the trigger on the P320 when I was switching bach to FNH but the striker sounds like it hits a little soft. May be covered up by the thick steel slide Sig is known for.

You would have to shoot an HK P2000 SK, I do not like the trigger or the grip. I like the VP9 grip which is the same as the HK45 and P30 but all are very pricey including their mags and accessories.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had mine for about a month now. I purchased it from a local gun store. Called and ordered it on a Monday and i was shooting it on Friday. Great gun. Stay on the search. When you find one, it will be worth the wait.......

·
Registered
983 Posts
Might want to see if an HK P30 fits the bill. Slide/barrel length is the same as a G19, though the handle is about 1-1.5cm longer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It would help if we knew your general location, UDPride, but any FFL that stocks FN pistols should be able to order one for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts