FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 200 rounds of Southwest Ammunition Match Grade .308. 168 grn Sierra Match king bullet loaded in new Winchester brass. This company has a reputation for extremely accurate loads. I will post my results after I receive my shipment with in the next 10 days. :target:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've been impressed with Southwest, other than some outrageous wait times on a couple calibers. I've shot four offerings of 300 BLK (110 VMAX, 110 TAC-TX, 147gn, and 220 SMK), 142SMK 260 Remington, and their 175gn Run n Gun 308. All of it has shot well and I would recommend them for sure.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to them about a group buy. It would have to be 10,000 rounds but would save us $4.00 a box. They are sending me an extra box of the exact Ammunition they would offer on a group buy. I will let you all know how well it does. This may be the best of both worlds for us. Hand loaded grade ammunition at a factory production level. They said it would take 60 days to fill the 10,000 round order. That is not bad considering they would have to purchase all of the components and then change everything over for that production run.

Reactions: Bdcody01

·
Registered
669 Posts
I talked to them about a group buy. It would have to be 10,000 rounds but would save us $4.00 a box. They are sending me an extra box of the exact Ammunition they would offer on a group buy. I will let you all know how well it does. This may be the best of both worlds for us. Hand loaded grade ammunition at a factory production level. They said it would take 60 days to fill the 10,000 round order. That is not bad considering they would have to purchase all of the components and then change everything over for that production run.

What would it cost per box ?
$4 off an unknown doesn't help me much :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that. $23.99 is what our cost would be per box of 20.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I ordered this ammunition yesterday afternoon and in less 24 hrs. here comes the man in Brown! I must say the quality of this ammunition (by appearance) is top notch. The 200 rounds I ordered use Winchester brass (that's the shiny stuff) The 20 rounds they sent me that represents the group buy ammunition is loaded in FC Brass. It to looks good and is not shiny. I dont care for shiny brass in a combat platform anyway. I will be out this weekend and let you all know how it shoots.:bullets::target:

photo(28).JPG photo(29).JPG photo(27).JPG photo(26).JPG

Just so you know. The brown spots on the shiny brass case are reflections of the brown spots on my work bench. Its that polished.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts