FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I special ordered a SCAR 20s and I’m going on 3 months. Per usual I’m very excited for this firearm but what am I looking at for a wait time?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Scar 20 is a good. Is this 7.62x51 or 6.5? Now probably is a not good time to buy guns because crazy ammo price. 7.62x51 is more than $1/rd already!

·
Banned
676 Posts
Scar 20 is a good. Is this 7.62x51 or 6.5? Now probably is a not good time to buy guns because crazy ammo price. 7.62x51 is more than $1/rd already!
And 6.5 Creedmoor is close to $2/rd, that is when you can even find it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I placed the order with a local store and range. They told me that 60 days was average but it could be longer. I didn’t have much luck with gun broker. I kept losing auctions.

·
Banned
676 Posts
It's like etched in my memory. When I read about someone waiting for something they ordered - I think SEAL.
Or HANDL or X-PRODUCTS or HIGH DESERT DOG or... On the plus side there's PMM, Mototech, MGW and a rare few others...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I’m kind of a noob so can anyone give me a heads up on what I’m missing?
WikiArms.com is how I've bought most of my guns. Go on their site, search for the gun you're looking for, have it shipped to a local FFL for the transfer/background check. FFLs charge $25-$30 for doing the transfer where I live. Usually takes no longer than a couple of weeks to get a gun shipped, but may take longer right now depending on their staffing during this moronic virus plandemic.

·
Administrator
11,741 Posts
I’m kind of a noob so can anyone give me a heads up on what I’m missing?
We used to have a couple of vendors here that were less than accurate when things were sold or ordered. In reference to the SEAL (Stryker Enterprise Aluminum Lower I believe is what it meant) an aftermarket lower for the SCAR, it was shown to be in stock but still took months to arrive. What was in stock was the unfinished lower that still had to be totally worked before shipping. It had to be sent out for the final work and that put the item in control of the finishers and engravers which would take months to complete. Some members waited for over a year to receive their "in stock" lower. When it was first offered in prepaid orders, it took two years before the first ones were shipped to members. People that wanted to cancel their orders were pinged a 20% cancelation fee. This was not clearly advertised when the SEAL was first offered and members ordered them.

Another vendor was making polymer mags. His favorite line was "another two weeks". Another two weeks was repeated time and time again and also took well over a year for delivery if you were lucky, and what was received was less than what was promised.

As far as the SEAL, it is a very high end quality item that I would not hesitate to offer to members to buy, but with the caveat that "in stock" meant an unfinished product at time of order. This may have changed over the last many many months and may very well have been corrected that "in stock" means in stock ready to ship today. As mentioned, the lower is of very high quality and if someone is looking for an aluminum lower, I would not hesitate to offer it as a great alternative to the polymer lower, but at a cost of $400. Many members have this item and are very pleased with it and the attention to detail that the SEAL receives prior to being released.

Hope this answered your question, if this was really what you were seeking the information on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We used to have a couple of vendors here that were less than accurate when things were sold or ordered. In reference to the SEAL (Stryker Enterprise Aluminum Lower I believe is what it meant) an aftermarket lower for the SCAR, it was shown to be in stock but still took months to arrive. What was in stock was the unfinished lower that still had to be totally worked before shipping. It had to be sent out for the final work and that put the item in control of the finishers and engravers which would take months to complete. Some members waited for over a year to receive their "in stock" lower. When it was first offered in prepaid orders, it took two years before the first ones were shipped to members. People that wanted to cancel their orders were pinged a 20% cancelation fee. This was not clearly advertised when the SEAL was first offered and members ordered them.

Another vendor was making polymer mags. His favorite line was "another two weeks". Another two weeks was repeated time and time again and also took well over a year for delivery if you were lucky, and what was received was less than what was promised.

As far as the SEAL, it is a very high end quality item that I would not hesitate to offer to members to buy, but with the caveat that "in stock" meant an unfinished product at time of order. This may have changed over the last many many months and may very well have been corrected that "in stock" means in stock ready to ship today. As mentioned, the lower is of very high quality and if someone is looking for an aluminum lower, I would not hesitate to offer it as a great alternative to the polymer lower, but at a cost of $400. Many members have this item and are very pleased with it and the attention to detail that the SEAL receives prior to being released.

Hope this answered your question, if this was really what you were seeking the information on.
Thanks for the info. I looked more into the store I bought it from. It says its a member of GEARFIRE. Looking that up doesn’t really get me anything useful. I’ve contacted the store I ordered from and they just replied they’ll call me when they receive the firearm. I did put down a percentage for the order. It’s fully refundable until it ships. I’ve asked if that’s happened yet and haven’t gotten a response. I’ve asked people locally if they’ve had any issues with the same shop and they said they received their gun in less than 30 days so I’m not sure what the issue is.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks for the info. I looked more into the store I bought it from. It says its a member of GEARFIRE. Looking that up doesn’t really get me anything useful. I’ve contacted the store I ordered from and they just replied they’ll call me when they receive the firearm. I did put down a percentage for the order. It’s fully refundable until it ships. I’ve asked if that’s happened yet and haven’t gotten a response. I’ve asked people locally if they’ve had any issues with the same shop and they said they received their gun in less than 30 days so I’m not sure what the issue is.
Honestly...unless you got a killer deal from them...I'd cancel...there are PLENTY of 20S available on Gunbroker below MSRP...not cheap...still $3800-4000ish....but knowing most gunshops nowadays...they are selling at full or near MSRP pricing...

·
Banned
676 Posts
Honestly...unless you got a killer deal from them...I'd cancel...there are PLENTY of 20S available on Gunbroker below MSRP...not cheap...still $3800-4000ish....but knowing most gunshops nowadays...they are selling at full or near MSRP pricing...
Agreed, there a fairly good supply of 20S .308/7.62's in stock at the gun stores and on Gunbroker, all at MSRP or above What you won't find many of, if any, is the 20S in 6.5 Creedmoor. I guess supply hasn't caught up with demand yet. Thje big negative on the 20S 6.5 CM is ammo availability. It's been my experience that it too is damn hard to find, so I'm now keeping my eye out for a 20S .308/7.62 barrel that I can use until (if?) the 6.5 CM drought ever ends. Kinda weird to be sitting on cases of .308/7.62, then having to scrounge to find 6.5 CM at $30 - $50/bx. of 20...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know the feeling my friend. I am waiting for a suppressor and it has been 5 months and counting. I recognize that waiting for suppressors is normal and I knew it would take forever when I ordered it, but the feeling of anticipation denied is the same as yours. Hence the mutual sympathy!

I agree with the others on this forum. Cancel your order with your LGS and get one from Gunbroker. Much as I like to give my LGS business, I do not see myself waiting 3 months for a firearm that is available for under MSRP (as others have stated) on GB. I've bought plenty of firearms through GB and have never been disappointed.

Ferret33

1 - 20 of 24 Posts