FN Herstal Firearms banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
676 Posts
I know the feeling my friend. I am waiting for a suppressor and it has been 5 months and counting. I recognize that waiting for suppressors is normal and I knew it would take forever when I ordered it, but the feeling of anticipation denied is the same as yours. Hence the mutual sympathy!

I agree with the others on this forum. Cancel your order with your LGS and get one from Gunbroker. Much as I like to give my LGS business, I do not see myself waiting 3 months for a firearm that is available for under MSRP (as others have stated) on GB. I've bought plenty of firearms through GB and have never been disappointed.

Ferret33
I'm betting your wait is just about over on receiving approval on your suppressor. 2 months ago I received approval on 3 suppressors after a wait of a little over 5 months and then last month I received another approval on another suppressor after a wait of 4 months, 17 days. I've got one more in the queue which I'll hopefully see next month but after Jan. 26th who knows what's going to happen with NFA items...

·
Registered
1 Posts
OP- FYI, I ordered a 20S Black in 6.5 in May of this year and I'm still waiting (now mid-December) for the dealer to advise me it's been received from FN. During this wait, I have made several status inquiries but keep getting the routine answer the FFL is still waiting to receive the f/a from FN. If it weren't for the price, I would abandon the order altogether, but I'm patient but not sure how much longer my patience will continue!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OP- FYI, I ordered a 20S Black in 6.5 in May of this year and I'm still waiting (now mid-December) for the dealer to advise me it's been received from FN. During this wait, I have made several status inquiries but keep getting the routine answer the FFL is still waiting to receive the f/a from FN. If it weren't for the price, I would abandon the order altogether, but I'm patient but not sure how much longer my patience will continue!
Thanks for the info. That’s a long time to wait.The price I got is pretty my the same as on Gun Broker, I did order in 6.5. I was excited originally for that but not sure that’s a big selling point for me anymore. With winter being here in MN soon, I might just be willing to wait it out.

·
Banned
676 Posts
While you're waiting for your 20S 6.5CM & the suppressor, start purchasing 6.5CM ammunition whenever you can find it the $22.95 - $26.95 price range. More than likely it will be S&B 140 gr. FMJBT which is excellent "range" ammo to get you familiarized with the rifle and get some copper into the barrel's lands & grooves. The WORST thing that lies ahead of you once you receive your SCAR 20S 6.5CM is removing the crush washer from the barrel once you get the Surefire Procomp muzzle brake off orior to installing the muzzle device for your suppressor. Search through the forum for my experience in removing that **** from my SCAR 20S 6.5CM. I definitely don't envy you...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Almost everything you are ordering from AliExpress or Alibaba comes from the port of Singapore. I usually order some small things from these websites, and I noticed in the package tracker that the parcel starts its way in Singapore. I don't understand why they don't make any there deposits of their products in other countries. I understand that the cost of these services is low in Singapore, but at least an additional in Hague, for example, will lead to a faster delivery in Europe, so we won't need to wait for months before it is delivered.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts