FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The credit for the idea goes to FuNguns.
Got a Speedfeed IV short stock for the 870 and modified it to fit my SLP. Seems very sturdy. Hope to get it to the range in a week or so and run it through its paces.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks Sweet :D How hard was the modification and what all was involved in making it work ?

I have the SLP Mark 1 and would love to have that stock on it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will also be modding a Remington Youth stock for the SLP. Will see which my wife prefers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasn't that difficult. The bottom rear of the reciever has a tang extending out so had to cut away some material for that and the extension on the stock that fits into the reciever had to be trimmed some as well as reducing the amount that it actually extended into the reciever.
If you remove your factory stock and compare it to a 870 stock you will see what needs to be done. The most extensive part of the mod was cuting out for the rear tang.
Just used a dremel.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good deal keep us updated, I would like to mod a colapsable(spelling) stock for the slp

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got her out shooting today and this stock is the bomb!
Very easy handling and the wife likes it much better.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Congrats! :?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cool I can not wait to get mine installed on the Mark 1 I played around with an old Choate with a pistol grip to see how close the 870 was to the FN and got it to fit but I really want the short LOP that the speedfeed has.

Glad to see that you are happy with yours :?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AEnemaBay said:
So would you be able to use the Speedfeed III stock with the shell storage too? If so then I know what I'm ordering ASAP!
Reply on the other board.

Can't speak for that stock specifically but it does work for the IV short version.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I just dremeled out my speedfeed IV-S to fit my mark1 SLP :-? and I sure hope that devcon can fix this thing. It is extremely loose fitting from side to side.

I guess that old addage may be true "You can always take off more than you can put back on" :-D

Seriously I think I can save it but I sure wish I had been more carefull.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts