FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a feeling that my gas port setting is closed too much but need to confirm. All of my spent brass is both dinged/dented and nicked. The top of the ejection port on my DSA SA58 looks to chipping away too from where the brass seems to be hitting it. I'm pretty new to FAL's and I absolutely love mine and am hoping that someone here may be able to offer me some advice. Pictures are below:

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Resize your photos to comply with forum restrictions and try it again.

Reactions: mtrantas

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Load up a few mags with one round each. turn your gas setting down. shoot then turn up your gas up one click at a time until the bolt lock back, then turn up one more click. keep in mind you may have to change your setting for different ammo. For CBC I had to turn it up 2 clicks more gas than PMC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys - I'm new to the forum. Resized pictures attached. Bug Muddy - thank you for the advice. Are you saying to turn the gas off first (using the regulator) and turn it up after each shot?

IMG_7016.JPG IMG_7021.JPG

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
No need to turn it all the way off. Start at the second or third lowest setting. At first you may not have enough gas to cycle the bolt and may have to pogo the charging handle to extract the spent casing. Then turn it it one click until it locks back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts