FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just built an upper and lower and the upper and lower as well as the BCG and charging handle are made by spikes tactical. The barrel is DD, the handfuard is YHM, and the lower parts are CMMG.

I am happy with all of the components but am curious what the opinions are about spikes tactical. They seem quality built, but I have seen some talk negatively of them. Is there something I am missing?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just built an upper and lower and the upper and lower as well as the BCG and charging handle are made by spikes tactical. The barrel is DD, the handfuard is YHM, and the lower parts are CMMG.

I am happy with all of the components but am curious what the opinions are about spikes tactical. They seem quality built, but I have seen some talk negatively of them. Is there something I am missing?
I spent weeks searching manufacturers and build quality. After everything I read and handled, I bought a Spike's LE complete mid-length upper with a 12" BAR rail and mated with a Spike's complete lower. After going through and researching which components I wanted, QC was my biggest concern. Spike's does it right. It's been a great rifle and my most accurate AR. Love my Spike's.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spent weeks searching manufacturers and build quality. After everything I read and handled, I bought a Spike's LE complete mid-length upper with a 12" BAR rail and mated with a Spike's complete lower. After going through and researching which components I wanted, QC was my biggest concern. Spike's does it right. It's been a great rifle and my most accurate AR. Love my Spike's.
Awesome, I am very happy to hear that. Because after building it I was very impressed with fit and finish. So didn't get the nay-sayers.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts

If it's on the internet there is always someone who has something negative to say about a companies product.

I've never had a problem with Spikes parts, I just could do without their logo :wink:

·
Registered
703 Posts
I really liked their logo, when I saw it as a Spider. Thought it looked cool.

Then some jerk alerted me to what the logo looked like to him, and it ruined it for me.
I would assume that is what Talhoffer is referring to.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Spikes is GTG in spite of some purported politically motivated snafu with the mil-speculans. I have built, shot and handled more AR's than I count...They build quality.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Never have any issue with mine.

Then some jerk alerted me to what the logo looked like to him, and it ruined it for me.
Please enlighten me, you can use the spoiler tag.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Not to be the sore thumb-- and honestly I don't personally know or have experience-- my gunsmith hates them. He also doesn't like m&p. he swears by stag. I'm dining a build. - I like the spikes logo too. But I'm doing a noveske chainsaw. I don't think the lower matters as much as the upper. Nice rifle by the way

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I really liked their logo, when I saw it as a Spider. Thought it looked cool.

Yes, I was blissfully ignorant till that was pointed out to me too, now I can't help be see it every time :p

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not to be the sore thumb-- and honestly I don't personally know or have experience-- my gunsmith hates them. He also doesn't like m&p. he swears by stag. I'm dining a build. - I like the spikes logo too. But I'm doing a noveske chainsaw. I don't think the lower matters as much as the upper. Nice rifle by the way
Noveske is great as well, my shooting bud has one. I found the quality of Spike's comparable and much more cost effective... not to mention my Polish heritage keeps me from the Noveske logo as it looks like the Weimar flag...

Speaking of Logos - have you seen the Punisher lower from Spike's? Might be right up your alley...

·
Registered
957 Posts
while not considered a top tier brand, Spikes makes nice stuff. I have multiple builds with their lowers and uppers. Going to be doing a Spikes AR pistol build at some point. I really like MEGA receivers also. I personally do not like Stag but this only my opinion, just like with certain body parts, everyone has one.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Take a close look at the two legs of the spider and tell me what the outlined image of them creates if you were to remove everything else.

Yeah I don't see it. I suck at these kinda games.

Reactions: arcticzale

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
If it's on the internet there is always someone who has something negative to say about a companies product.*
I've never had a problem with Spikes parts, I just could do without their logo*

Talhoffer;

Don't like spiders Tal?? :th_sign0068:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Oh I get it, 2 penisis are the outer legs.

I can still see the spider, although it looks more like a bat to me to be honest.
Oh that's it? That's not very obvious. Someone must've been pretty obsessed with dicks to come up with that.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It just looks like two penis' headbutting.

I know it's a juvenile kinda thing, but ever since it was pointed out to me I see it all the time now.

Like I said... before, I just thought the red spider logo was cool.

Now.... it's all I see.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts