FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for Magazines for my SAR-4800 Sporter in 7.62mm. FN Scar Mags fit but don’t click in. Any help finding some 20Rd Mags would be appreciated.
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Bumper

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Shotgun

Attachments

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
You might try the FAL Files. Most FAL aficionados hang out there. You can also use a search engine for FAL mags. for the record SCAR and FAL mags are 2 completely different animals. FALs have a locking tab in the front, somewhat like the M14.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yep, what they said. SAR 4800s are just rebranded FALs. DSA makes new mags, but they sometimes need some work to get them to work reliably. I think Sarco might still have some used surplus mags for sale. I've got 6 surplus mags I was going to sell. They are ugly, dented and need cleaned (like the ones that Sarco sells), but if you're interested, PM me and we can work something out.

·
Registered
648 Posts
FAL Mages are your answer. Inch or metric? I don’t remember. But SCAR mags won’t cut it.
SAR 4800's are FALs, not L1A1s. The Imbel factory in Brazil only made FALs (which Springfield Armory imported), no inch pattern L1A1s, so metric mags fit, not inch. Inch mags are expensive and hard to find anyway.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Oh, I should mention that you should turn your hinge pin around the other way before those 2 little prongs rip the skin off of your knuckle. Ask me how I know 😊

1 - 9 of 9 Posts